Zeph's Rocket Rack

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Thought I would post my rocket rack, made last year for bonfire night, decided to make a hinged one so could be folded away for storage, pipes are held on by simple pipe clips (nail type) but are fairly strong.

Also added chains to set the angle (taken from some hanging flower baskets :) ) and a few closed hooks on the back legs to secure it into the ground using some lengths of copper pipe.

Gunna need to trim the tops of the pipes before the 5th again, bit melted :p

Attachments

Reactions: Vladster and gaz

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Cheers man, I want to make a better candle frame with all that wood next to it.

I made this one last year for small candles, but i've found theyre getting expensive now for what they are.

Attachments

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
yes, they are pricey,
that little one looks good for smaller ones, if you do make a new one, keep the old one as well

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Yeah it worked really well, but cost about £5 for a pack of 10 and only 10 shots so not great duration lol, especially doing all the cable tieing and fusing!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
that is annoying, all the prep, the result looks good but takes a while to get to that point

PyroBoris

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 8, 2012
Zep - you could put some kitchen foil on the ends of the tubes to stop them from scorching / melting. Alternatively, you can switch the plastic tubes to metal ones, and they'll last much longer. I currently use poles from an old/knackered gazebo I had lying around (those cheap Argos ones), but old plumbing pipework would do just as well.

Great build by the way, I do love a good rack!

Reactions: zephieish

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Zep - you could put some kitchen foil on the ends of the tubes to stop them from scorching / melting. Alternatively, you can switch the plastic tubes to metal ones, and they'll last much longer. I currently use poles from an old/knackered gazebo I had lying around (those cheap Argos ones), but old plumbing pipework would do just as well.

Great build by the way, I do love a good rack!
nice idea with the foil boris :)
our rack tubes are metal so we don't have a problem