Your Firing Order

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Fazer

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 13, 2012
Under Starry Skies
Out of the fireworks you have brought or the fireworks on your shopping list, which order would you fire them in? I haven't started my list yet but normally I like to start of with the smaller stuff (Fountains and small cakes) and then get on to the big boys :D

Share your thoughts below :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
we will probably start with a TNT mini powder keg, then the smaller stuff dotted with the odd rocket, then go for the larger rockets, barrages, mines near the end, but nothing specific yet until the galactic order comes

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
here is our final bfn firing order, only 57 out of our 180 odd, but these are the bigger ones and the panther box
Divided into 3 lighting sections

Key
(M) Mine
(F) Fountain
(R) Rocket
(C) Roman Candle
(W) Wheel
(S) Shot Tube
(B) Barrage/Battery

Section 1;

Mini Powder Keg (M)
Dragon Breath (F)
Fruit Bat (R)
Nitro Mania (S)
Sun Flowers (F)
Colourful Dragon (C)
Fruit Bat (R)
Nitro Mania (S)
Magnolias (C)
Fruit Bat (R)
Joyous Mountain (F)
Nitro Mania (S)
Dragon Breath (F)
Fruit Bat (R)
Sounding Pearls (F)
Dancing Moons (C)
Fruit Bat (R)
Celebration (F)
Nitro Mania (C)
Total: 19

Section 2;
Chrysanthemum (F)
Orbit (W)
Nitro Mania (S)
Mini Powder Keg (M)
Sky Blast Yellow (R)
Pollinating Bees (F)
Sky Blast Purple (R)
Silver Dragon (C)
Nitro Mania (S)
Joyous Mountain (F)
Sky Blast Green (R)
Red Begonas (F)
Silver Dragon (C)
Sky Navigator Purple (R)
Green Leaves (F)
Winter Snow (F)
Sky Navigator Green (R)
Sky King (S)
Mine of Abundant Noise (M)

Section 3;
Sky Navigator Red (R)
Bumper Harvest in Vineyard (F)
Sky King (S)
Devils Wrath Yellow (M)
Sky Storm Yellow (R)
Mystic Mountain (F)
Twitter Glitter (B)
Diamond (F)
Sky Storm Orange (R)
Plasmic Lights B (S)
Orchid Blossom (F)
Sky Storm Green (R)
Devils Wrath Blue (M)
Opal (F)
Sky Storm Purple (R)
Crouching Tiger (B)
Plasmic Lights C (S)
Lotus Blossom (F)
Battlestar (B)

Reactions: Vladster and gaz

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
as we are having the above on nov. 3rd, thought we'd have a few on the main night, so picked 20 of the remaining for then. 12 fountains, 1 wheel, 1 shot tube, 2 candles, 3 rockets, 1 cake
Key is the same as above :)

Nov. 5th BFN Firing Order
1. Demon Firefly (F)
2. Fantastic Fountain Yellow (F)
3. Sky Blast (R)
4. Volcano (F)
5. Winter (F)
6. Fantastic Fountain Red (F)
7. Fireball Candle (C)
8. Carnival (F)
9. Colourful Wheel (W)
10. Crackling Glitter Sparkle (F)
11. Sky Storm Red (R)
12. Asteroid (F)
13. Quadrant (F)
14. Green Dragon
15. Star Quake
16.Comet Tail R.C. (C)
17. Photon Burst (S)
18. Crackling Fountain (F)
19. Sky Storm Purple (R)
20. Party Time (B)

Reactions: Cigar

Cigar

Noble the 3rd
Oct 16, 2012
Kent
I usually start of with either a long lasting fountain (pumpkin fountain, clown fountain - that sort of thing) or a small mine, just to get peoples attention. Then light half of the smaller 5m/8m safety items (mainly fountains and roman candles). Then some small rockets to break up the smaller stuff, then back to the other half of the smaller 5m/8m stuff. Usually finish off the smaller stuff with a long lasting fountain or small cake which gives me some time to get to the back of the garden for the 25m stuff. For the 25m stuff, I usually work in order from smaller to larger cakes, with breaks in between for the bigger rockets and shot tubes. finish off with 2 to 3 cakes lit as close together as I can or a volley of rockets.

I do spend quite a while working out my order. Trouble is I have to keep changing it because I cant resist firing some fireworks before the big night haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I usually start of with either a long lasting fountain (pumpkin fountain, clown fountain - that sort of thing) or a small mine, just to get peoples attention. Then light half of the smaller 5m/8m safety items (mainly fountains and roman candles). Then some small rockets to break up the smaller stuff, then back to the other half of the smaller 5m/8m stuff. Usually finish off the smaller stuff with a long lasting fountain or small cake which gives me some time to get to the back of the garden for the 25m stuff. For the 25m stuff, I usually work in order from smaller to larger cakes, with breaks in between for the bigger rockets and shot tubes. finish off with 2 to 3 cakes lit as close together as I can or a volley of rockets.

I do spend quite a while working out my order. Trouble is I have to keep changing it because I cant resist firing some fireworks before the big night haha.
that's sort of what we're doing on the 3rd, mine to start, smaller and medium stuff in the first two sections, another mine to end, then the last section, the bigger items and the cakes. We used to mix larger and smaller items in all the sections, but this way works better. I spend a while on ours as well, i find its better to open all of them, rockets and all, lay them out, and visually put them in a line.
We designate the main party in advance, and then if we need to 'test' some pyro, we don't lose anything out of the order

Reactions: Cigar

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
We usually start with the smaller cakes and work our way up to the bigger stuff with a few fountain/mines/rockets in between.

I really should make more of an effort with the planning etc but i just like to fire what i think at the time lol

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
We usually start with the smaller cakes and work our way up to the bigger stuff with a few fountain/mines/rockets in between.

I really should make more of an effort with the planning etc but i just like to fire what i think at the time lol
i think thats what most do, small >>>>>>> Big. Its the best way really.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
This is my main display cake firing order that I'm playing with. The display will be interspersed with fountains and rockets.

Main display cake firing order.
Dr Thrust
Galaxian
Shack Attack
Screaming spiders 1
Wild horses
Crescendo
Godfather part 1
Midnight Mayhem
King Hell
Screaming spiders 2
Thunderous Finale
Sabretooth

Finale
Godfather part 3 and Godfather part 2

Any thoughts?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
nice firing order Rich, some really nice bits there.personally, i'd put godfather 1,2,3 all together, and also have the thunderous finale after the sabretooth, but other than that, you will have some night! :)

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Yeah i was saying last night why not put godfather together. personally i think everything else is ok though. :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
godfather is so loud, they should all be the finale, they'd be great, personally i think they are the best Rich has got this year :)
Also, didn't you have a boneshaker Rich?

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
godfather is so loud, they should all be the finale, they'd be great, personally i think they are the best Rich has got this year :)
Also, didn't you have a boneshaker Rich?
he gave it to me so know i have 3 :D