Will things that got banned by the CE regulations for fireworks, such as bouquets, large wheels etc using pipematch ever return in UKCA requirements?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 5th
Feb 13, 2013
I've been doing some thinking, and I just wondered, will things that got removed under CE regulations for fireworks like lancework messages, full size set-pieces like waterfalls / flying pigeons / static fountain pieces / helicopters / trains / battle pieces / skeletons and elephants with firer operated pieces, fountain set-pieces / fountain and wheel set-pieces / multigerb wheels etc, fountain and candle bouquets, single ignition fireworks, and other items ever return to the consumer field or will they stay professional F4 class only forever?

I would've thought that now we're out of Europe, and as UKCA replaces CE certification next year, things would loosen up and return with things we used to have in consumer and public display class fireworks returning under our own regulations.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 5th
Feb 13, 2013
With things being how they are these days, I can, sadly, only see more things being banned, rather than more things becoming legal
As we no are longer allowed to use CE marking and regulations from next year with UKCA labelling and requirements being the norm with the existing products in CE automatically transferring to UKCA fireworks labelling / regulations / requirements, I can't honesty see the current line-up of products changing much or things being removed from sale or product ranges.

What I have heard is that crackles will no longer be able to used in consumer fireworks under UKCA fireworks requirements.

If you think items are to be removed from UK firework manufacturers product lines, what, in your opinion, would be removed, and where exactly have heard in pyrocircles etc, have you picked up hints of this being likely? Just a question.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
As we no are longer allowed to use CE marking and regulations from next year with UKCA labelling and requirements being the norm with the existing products in CE automatically transferring to UKCA fireworks labelling / regulations / requirements, I can't honesty see the current line-up of products changing much or things being removed from sale or product ranges.

What I have heard is that crackles will no longer be able to used in consumer fireworks under UKCA fireworks requirements.

If you think items are to be removed from UK firework manufacturers product lines, what, in your opinion, would be removed, and where exactly have heard in pyrocircles etc, have you picked up hints of this being likely? Just a question.
I think Rockets could be the first to go. Followed by size limits on cakes, possibly Mines also. As for why I think it, we live in a world where tolerance, understanding and give-and-take are things of the past. Therefore it's only a matter of time until fireworks die a death, though of course I do hope it's a long way off from this point

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 5th
Feb 13, 2013
I think Rockets could be the first to go. Followed by size limits on cakes, possibly Mines also. As for why I think it, we live in a world where tolerance, understanding and give-and-take are things of the past. Therefore it's only a matter of time until fireworks die a death, though of course I do hope it's a long way off from this point
And bang goes millions of jobs and employment in the UK firework retail and display game, if and when that happens, if at all.

I think that as long as the British Fireworks Association and British Pyrotechnists Association keep fighting their corner, I don't think anymore limits on fireworks sizes or restrictions will happen, look at Ireland, Australia and other parts of the world where fireworks cannot be sold to members of the public, their efforts haven't stopped illegal use, purchase and consumption of retail fireworks, except that those imports that aren't allowed are far more dangerous than the products they DID sell officially through shops, my example proves 100% that, such bans and restrictions do not work whatsoever.

Fireworks bring in revenue for our Govt and provide enjoyable pleasure to millions of children and adults alike, and aren't gonna go away anytime soon.

Holland is the only country in North West Europe has banned rockets from sale but it doesn't stop people going outside to other European countries and buying them illegally.

What I think will happen is that fireworks will get more environmentally friendly, with some being recyclable, and a move away from plastics and biodegradable card / cardboard etc to reduce the litter problems, especially from rockets, multishots, compound fireworks, and single ignitions.

Last edited: