Will Bs7114 Fireworks Price Reduced

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
With the July 4th 2017 deadline coming up next year for all retail consumer fireworks on sale to be CE BS-EN 15947, will there be lots of offers on the remaining BS7114 items still in the field that are doing the rounds, such as buy one get one free and/or drastic price reductions to get rid of that stock in readiness for the deadline next year? ;);) ;)

Last edited:

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Maybe or they could hike the price, knowing these are going to be last time they get get them.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Maybe or they could hike the price, knowing these are going to be last time they get get them.
It would depend on where you shop for your fireworks as to what a retailer will do;I personally that think some of the big temporary seasonals that open up around the country like Myster Magic Padiham will knock a fair bit off the spoils / remains of the old BS 7114 compliant stuff they have left over with numerous bogof offers / free sparklers / rockets etc on some items and possibly have a sale up to the day the fireworks come off the shelves (or up to when the shops shut on 10th November) and that would be it till NYE selling period 26 - 31st December 2016, to get rid, who knows? ;) Some all year retailers could price-reduce, flog BS 7114 stuff they have on bogof offers or offer free BS 7114 fireworks etc with every purchase in a bid to-get-rid of the old non-compliant stock.

Last edited:

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
It's a nice thought, all these bargains to come.
But in reality, most BS stock has dried up already, you will find that most of your fireworks you purchase this year will be marked "CE".
No doubt there will be some odd bargains of items left out / mislayed etc.

Let's hope!

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
It's a nice thought, all these bargains to come.
But in reality, most BS stock has dried up already, you will find that most of your fireworks you purchase this year will be marked "CE".
No doubt there will be some odd bargains of items left out / mislayed etc.

Let's hope!
My local seasonal has big stocks of the old BS 7114 stuff which they will probably heavily discount again this late September when they open - I bought oodles of the stuff last year and will do so again, I got quite a few BS / Esco bits last year from Myster Magic Burnley Road Padiham Lancashire, still with BS 7114 on them. ;)

Reactions: gaz

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I think a lot of bargains have already come and gone, i saw lots of old BS stuff doing the rounds in various sales in the spring. I think whatever is left will be sold off either around now, ore just after BFN, rather than during silly season. And any last remaining bits will pop up next spring. However i do agree with @zephieish, i think most of any remains are now gone from most suppliers, so it'll be hard to find stuff for most people now

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I think a lot of bargains have already come and gone, i saw lots of old BS stuff doing the rounds in various sales in the spring. I think whatever is left will be sold off either around now, ore just after BFN, rather than during silly season. And any last remaining bits will pop up next spring. However i do agree with @zephieish, i think most of any remains are now gone from most suppliers, so it'll be hard to find stuff for most people now
And if I get any BS 7114 pieces this October from Myster Magic Padiham I'll photo em put em up here and prove it to you all.....;)

Sep 23, 2016
any old stock is round if will be half rpice of somesort just to get rid of it could be wrong but doesn't it cost to get rid of fireworks?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
any old stock is round if will be half rpice of somesort just to get rid of it could be wrong but doesn't it cost to get rid of fireworks?
It depends. Some old stock is highly in demand, wo these items could go for above retail even. However come there is still large quantities of, it's these products that will be sold off cheap. And yes it does cost to dispose of fireworks, but i suspect that remaining stock will just be lit off