Why so big / tape

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
if you are on about the the tape that is keeping the fuse down, then all fireworks apart from rockets have this.

adnan2012fireworks

Noble the 3rd
Oct 7, 2012
Gaz said:
if you are on about the the tape that is keeping the fuse down, then all fireworks apart from rockets have this.
It had a fuse sticker which i removed just noticed this tape around the fuse and was wondering whats its stuck on for and its a huge fuse :p

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Oct 7, 2012
Looks like the fuse has been extended? There's a bulge half way down the join that's about the size of two fuses side by side.

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Either been joined as si said or for some reason brightstar have put a piece of brown paper tape around the fuse lol who knows maby to speed it up? but that wouldn't work with visco as its got a core :)

In mr berrys opinion it is perfectly safe for lighting ;)

PyroJack

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
I think as everyone has already said, it looks like they have extended the fuse. Bright star had done the same thing on a thunderbolt or was it proton bomb extreme, I'm not sure! but they had replaced quickmatch with quick pink visco after the delay fuse. So just light it, it should be fine, just don't remove the tape! :)

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Oct 7, 2012
Isn't there a minimum time requirement between igniting the fuse and having the firework go off? Seem to remember it was something like 7 seconds, possibly a sample of those cakes failed testing and had the fuses extended.

PyroJack

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
Si7 said:
Isn't there a minimum time requirement between igniting the fuse and having the firework go off? Seem to remember it was something like 7 seconds, possibly a sample of those cakes failed testing and had the fuses extended.

its something like 7 seconds, not 100% sure myself