Who has a bonfire on the night?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Well since i cut this nasty silver tree down, hoping i could have a bonfire in side the stone circle i have, wife wont let me one... shame realy, whos whos having one on the night?

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I would like to have a small fire on the go but the wife says it's not a good idea and i already have too much to do as it is with lighting pyro etc

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
i just use the log burner if i can be bothered to get it going. these days though i have little wood to burn

Guy Forks

Peasant the 1st
Oct 21, 2012
We always have a bonfire with a Guy. This is one from a couple of years ago.

However, during this summer I turned our usual bommy site into a kids play area so I've had to rethink my bonfire.

I did the only sensible thing and knocked down one of my sheds and it's lean to greenhouse (a death trap if ever there was one) and opened up the bottom of the garden, which until then had been dead space.

New bonfire site and a nice paved seating area where the shed had been. :)

Edit: this years guy.

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Nope no bonfire lol i like to concentrate just on the pyro :) although i could light my chiminea mmm not sure now.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
These images are not working...

Guy Forks said:

However, during this summer I turned our usual bommy site into a kids play area so I've had to rethink my bonfire.

I did the only sensible thing and knocked down one of my sheds and it's lean to greenhouse (a death trap if ever there was one) and opened up the bottom of the garden, which until then had been dead space.

Oct 25, 2013
Yep, we always have a Bonfire after the Pyro. This is mainly to burn the pallet decking and firework stands.

Guy Forks

Peasant the 1st
Oct 21, 2012
Gaz said:
These images are not working...

Guy Forks said:

Fixed now ta.

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
just use a 45 gallon oil drum from my dad's work place make 4 holes around it near the bottom, 4 around above the middle, and four around it between to 2 previous layers and fill it with wood from the pallets that we get over the year. each year the big branches on the trees lining the field are cut down/ pruned so we get logs and kindling as-well to get it going, along with a bag or 2 of left over BBQ charcoal/ lighters. not a huge fire but it's good enough for a small gathering of up to 20 ish to keep them warm.
and it doesn't scorch the ground if you make a steel stand about a 8 inches high for it to sit on.

M17CH

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 15, 2012
same as jay above got a big 500 litre barrel filling it with pallets should be good enough :)

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Dont know how you guys get the barrels like you do :p when i wanted a small pond had to buy a half whiskey barrel from garden center which was costly.

Spent about a week looking for a beaten up rusty old barrel but never found one :p