When you was young

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
This would be interesting to read, When you were young, what did you do for Bonfire night?

For example. I could always remember this one evening, I'm sure it was 2-3 days until bonfire night, and these kids (Hope they don't do it now), was setting off rockets, and bangers on the grass verges in front of the shops and believe me when you are a kid very much into Pyro, I found totally awesome.

We usually had a small bonfire in the back garden with a selection box or two from the main shops near to where my dad lived.

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
always had a guy and small bonfire with a few cheap fireworks from somewhere and my dad always let me light the finale which was usually a free barrage! hence my love of pyro lol

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Mine memories is bugging my parents to letting me have fireworks early and every night leading up to fireworks (only small selection boxes) but they always had to buy fireworks on the day otherwise they be gone :)

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
I remember just hassling my parents and family for pyro :p starting with small selection boxes and building up to getting the whole family to donate for a £2,000 display when i was 15 :)

Now i have to buy all the pyro myself just not fair lol

Oh and i did have a thing for firing bangers on parks when i was about 14 used to be one of them light and run sort of things before the blue lights turned up :p

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Lol berry just like the rest of the red head kids...... when I was younger

Oct 13, 2012
berry1 said:
I remember just hassling my parents and family for pyro :p starting with small selection boxes and building up to getting the whole family to donate for a £2,000 display when i was 15 :)

Now i have to buy all the pyro myself just not fair lol

Oh and i did have a thing for firing bangers on parks when i was about 14 used to be one of them light and run sort of things before the blue lights turned up :p
wow thats really generous of your parents. would have loved that.

I remember constantly asking for pyro all the time. Never could get enough of it, must have drove my mother mad!!

Epic Fireworks

ST Sponsor
Oct 14, 2012
epicfireworks.com
I lived in Goole (yes, I am a gooley!) and have 2 younger brothers. We used to have a massive family affair every year on the 5th with all my cousins from both sides of the family all coming over to eat and watch the fireworks. We lived in a quite affluent area of the town and used to climb the trees at the bottom of the garden and watch all the neighbours fireworks first and then light our Bonfire, put jacket spuds wrapped in foil (the tatties were liberated from the farmers field behind us) into the fire and then lit the fireworks - usually standard but some bits that my grampa managed to get hold of had a bit of clout and we all smelt shocking with the smell of smoke hanging around us. Great memories