What Is The Best Way To Bake Potatoes For Bonfire Night

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I would suggest cook them in oven tin foil wrapped for 20 mins with a little butter, then make a opening carefully at the bottom of the bonfire and put them in there for 20 to 30 mins. (check if they are light and fluffy then they are cooked, if not wrap it back up and put in in fire again for a further 5 - 10 mins.)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Microwave till soft and finish off in a preheated oven set at 200c (400f), lower for an electric fan oven at 180c or equivalent gas mark setting for a crispy skin at least 15 minutes.;) Split and add a filling of your choice OR put a bit of grated cheese and wuster sauce on stick under the grill for 4-5 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns, enjoy!:)

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
nice and slow in a low heat in the oven for about 3 hrs at 130degrees wrapped in foil then 25 minutes out of the foil to crisp up. slow cooking is the way of the future lol

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
nice and slow in a low heat in the oven for about 3 hrs at 130degrees wrapped in foil then 25 minutes out of the foil to crisp up. slow cooking is the way of the future lol
That's all very well if you got the time to do it;at bfn not everybody has the time to do it slowly, and when you have got a load of hungry mouths to feed at a bfn party people are not gonna wait three hours and 25 minutes for baked spuds;)

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
That's all very well if you got the time to do it;at bfn not everybody has the time to do it slowly, and when you have got a load of hungry mouths to feed at a bfn party people are not gonna wait three hours and 25 minutes for baked spuds;)

Sorry mate can't except that, the prep time is exactly the same, the only difference is that you put them in earlier and leave the spuds to get on with it. If anything it helps because it gives you more free time closer to the main event to setup.

And actually why are you doing the cooking when you have far more important things to do, the wife take care of the kitchen side of things for me whilst i attend to the pyro etc.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Sorry mate can't except that, the prep time is exactly the same, the only difference is that you put them in earlier and leave the spuds to get on with it. If anything it helps because it gives you more free time closer to the main event to setup.

And actually why are you doing the cooking when you have far more important things to do, the wife take care of the kitchen side of things for me whilst i attend to the pyro etc.
Not for me i would need to do it my self lol... We all don't have wife's slaving over us.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Not for me i would need to do it my self lol... We all don't have wife's slaving over us.
true but like i said, the time actually have to spend preparing is the same. You just start earlier. planning sir. planning!

Reactions: gaz