What Is Christmas About?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Kezza

Peasant
Oct 16, 2014
I was thinking to myself about this a few times about christmas. What does Christmas actually mean to us? for some people it could be seeing family again who live far away or maybe seeing one of your family members happy because they have just unwrapped one of your presents. Personally Christmas means different things to me because you can be reunited with people again and share a christmas dinner together and just seeing other people happy with there gifts they have received.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
christmas for non-christains is i time for spending time with the family and enjoying a day of doing nothing but eating :D (and in our case, maybe a bit of pyro as well;))

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Christmas has always in my eye been for the family. its about that time of the year of giving them something to look forward to, i don't believe in all this bible nonsense that has got out of hands a lot.

GAZZAAAAAAAAA

Noble the 3rd
Oct 9, 2012
Scotland
Spending time with family,friends,giving recieving presents,stuffing your face and hopefully some deep snow to build a snowman and have a snowball fight and some sledging :D

Reactions: Kezza and gaz
Oct 13, 2012
I think it has lost most of the religious associations. It is now a Western tradition associated with purchasing gifts, meeting family, and having a break.

Alexs21

Wizard the 4th
Oct 25, 2014
Visiting family and enjoying your self, nothing really to do with Religion. :)

MazBerry

Peasant the 2nd
May 12, 2015
Spending time with my family and friends. Enjoying my brandy and ringing my parents at 11 drunk on Christmas Eve singing (wailing) Christmas songs :xmascheer

Reactions: Alexs21