What Got You Into Fireworks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

callistos

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 1, 2015
iv always loved fireworks and wanted to know reason why evreryone else got into fireworks.
my family always set off fireworks when i was yunger and this is why i still carry it on, plus seeing everyone else have their display gives me a buzz

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Definitely childhood memories, can still remember the 8 year old me from the '00s looking at all the colourful selection boxes and rockets! had a love for fireworks ever since :) oh and laughing at my dad cursing at catherine wheels that never spun round, and set alight to the fence :D

Alexs21

Wizard the 3rd
Oct 25, 2014
similar Somer, I would get selection boxes and enjoy just looking through all the different fireworks in them and getting excited about letting them off before, however it was usually a bit anti climatic as they where pretty bad boxes so i ended up looking into them to get some decent stuff :)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Definitely childhood memories, can still remember the 8 year old me from the '00s looking at all the colourful selection boxes and rockets! had a love for fireworks ever since :) oh and laughing at my dad cursing at catherine wheels that never spun round, and set alight to the fence :D
the classic times,

my love came from when i was a child, everyone setting off fireworks on the streets what mainly done, it (today you will never see this) But that's what brought me into fireworks and the history, don't forget the wounderful history.

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
Mar 15, 2016
I can remember the traffic lights candle as a child. I've wanted to do fireworks in my garden for ages but other half always argued against but last year finally relented maybe coz we now have a little one and it was her first show but I did a small display last year and been buying loads for this year already. Think I got to much trying to make a firing order is giving me a headache lol.

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
We always had fireworks at least once a year for as long as I can remember, closer to the millenium, and there after.. we did it twice a year :D

When my dad lost interest (mainly in paying for them:p) I took over and carried on the tradition!

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Probably affordable fireworks back in the day. 25 years ago I was fascinated by them. In our area from pre Halloween until nearing the end of November, the amount of people lighting pyro was extreme. Near enough all neighbours in the surrounding streets had display's. All sorts from rockets to cakes. Even people with not much money would launch a load of those mini rockets.

It amazed me how they worked, the fun colours and noise. I became even more fascinated when my mum took me out with her to walk the dog and would see scattered remains of fireworks all around (Half of them being black cat bangers and "bomb shell air bomb"'s). I would pick these up to take home.

I guess then it was the fun and enjoyment from it. My mum bought a box of standard fireworks when I was 7 or 8 and after bullseye on a Sunday evening they were lit.
Used to love going to Wyevale with mum around pyro night to pick up their very basic cream coloured firework leaflets, to have a look through.

1 year when I was probably 10 or 11, mum let me pick out some fireworks (not for me but to be lit by her around firework night). I picked a 4 pack of air bombs and a pack of lightning rockets (black packet header with lightning bolts on the graphic).

They were never lit for bonfire night and were stored away. Sadly though, around 10 years later, not knowing how collectable they were, I took them to a firework party where they were all launched (much louder than any other firework at that display, even the cakes).

Reactions: Vladster

MazBerry

Peasant the 2nd
May 12, 2015
Childhood memories for me. I grew up in Norwich right by the Civil Service Club in Eaton (anyone remember it?) and every year they would have a firework display, disco BBQ and really brought the community together. Then it closed down :(:(:(

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Weve always had fireworks, back then it was usually just a selection box though and they got bigger every year.

From as far as I can remember ive been visiting the BMFC at Southport too and that being just a month before BFN has deffinitly had an influence in my eyes.

Reactions: Vladster and gaz

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I've always loved fireworks but i only really got into buying them around 2011/12 after buying a couple of 25 Carats and a Ipanema from Lidl and setting them off in the garden.

That was enough to get me hooked on them :D

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I lit my first firework at 8 years old, a Standard Jewelled Pyramid from a Standard Fireworks Size 20 selection box on Nov 5th 1978 and been lighting them ever since ;)

Reactions: Vladster and gaz

Alexs21

Wizard the 3rd
Oct 25, 2014
when i was younger I also remember people coming round and i saw on top of the fridge a huge rocket that some one brought round and other big fireworks :):splode:

Reactions: Lee2709

Lee2709

Peasant the 1st
Oct 26, 2016
Teesside
I'm old enough to remember blue touchpaper There was something about those boxes that had blue touchpaper. There was a lovely smell about them too as the boxes were wrapped in cellophane which kept the pyro goodness in. Haha