Weird Firework Names

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
So there are all types of firewotk names but generally they are normally associated with fire, war, the devil, power, the effect or even thunder.

But occasionally and especially with the celtic range we get some weird ones that are a bit different.

My example is 'More Tea Vicar' from Celtic but what can you find?
more_tea_vicar_big-840x600.png

Reactions: gaz

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
well actually that is polish for Cassiopeia which is a constellation so I would say that's acceptable for a normal firework name :rofl:

I forgot to include space and stars in my list haha
lol Rich, i know it is, but i, like quite a few people, can't speak polish, so someone who wasn't clued up on the translation would have no chance ordering it over the phone :D

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Yeah but jorge is polish. As an Englisman we can't always expect everything to be translated into our language lol!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Yeah but jorge is polish. As an Englisman we can't always expect everything to be translated into our language lol!
yes i know that too!! :rolleyes::D merely pointing out that, as we're not polish speaking, it is a tricky name to say :omgdead:p

Oct 13, 2012
I think we can as if Jorge did want any decent market share within an English speaking country their products would have to be in English. You don't see weco selling stuff in German over here.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
I think we can as if Jorge did want any decent market share within an English speaking country their products would have to be in English. You don't see weco selling stuff in German over here.
We're goin off topic here but they only need to make sure the directions, labels etc need to be in English. The name can be anything they want. If this was a french or Spanish name, a language we're more familiar with then it probably wouldn't have even come into question.

This thread is to find weird firework names and not to debate the need for English translations . My point about this nane is that it's connected to space and stars which is a commonly used connection on firework naming conventions.

The fact it's hard to pronounce or in a different language doesn't make it a weird or abstract name. It's the concept of disassociation from the norm we are talking about.

Oct 13, 2012
We're goin off topic here but they only need to make sure the directions, labels etc need to be in English. The name can be anything they want. If this was a french or Spanish name, a language we're more familiar with then it probably wouldn't have even come into question.

This thread is to find weird firework names and not to debate the need for English translations . My point about this nane is that it's connected to space and stars which is a commonly used connection on firework naming conventions.

The fact it's hard to pronounce or in a different language doesn't make it a weird or abstract name. It's the concept of disassociation from the norm we are talking about.
Yes translated does not make it an odd name, but the situation with Jorge is a very small niche market and if they wanted to expand in the UK the best way to appeal to consumers is name the product in English, not because they have to, but as it is good business appealing to the target market.

It is a weird name because it doesn't mean anything in English, but not because it breaks the common firework name criteria. You are both right.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
well actually Cassiopeia which is the English translation is a Greek word but the English language likes to borrow words from other languages from time to time rather than translate it. Sometimes because the name given is just that, a name and therefore doesn't have a literal translation but only a definition. Where polish is different is they have their own alphabet and this is why the difference exists.

Anyway as previously mentioned this is completely off topic.

To clear up the intention of this post. It is to identify names that break the common naming conventions we would consider not to be associated with fireworks. These could seem funny, stupid or bizarre.

This does not include items in another language unless of course the literal translation means something that again has no relation to what we would consider normal.

This includes stars, space, power, death, the devil, hell, the weather, the actual firework effect, volume, colour, fire, ice, war, armaments, jewels etc

But examples given in the pyromould page on weco like Stupid fool and Mr wise guy do.

If you wish to debate the requirement of English translation on firework names, please create a new thread. I will remove any further off topic posts.

Thanks