1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weco Fireworks 2017

Discussion in 'Firework Brands' started by gaz, May 1, 2017.

1. gaz Administrator

gaz

Sovereign the 3rd

Well another year, and maybe another year for weco to be at the supermarkets this year. What are everyone's thoughts. and what would you like to see be improved from last year?

2. Jezzadw

Jezzadw

Baronet

Another cake in the 3 for £20 offer. Gives a choice then, if you don't want or like rockets you have 2 different cakes to pick from instead of having 2 the same.

rikky shah and gaz like this.
  3. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

Agree with Jez about the cake, would be great to have a choice of 2. The rockets were very good for their price i thought, although they need to have rocket tubes this time round, very dangerous not to include them IMO. Overall though, i was very impressed by the products last year, and we'll certainly be buying more from lidl this year if they have Weco again :)

Jezzadw and gaz like this.
  4. gaz Administrator

gaz

Sovereign the 3rd

The cakes were ok for what they were. I have to agree maybe another choice or 2.

5. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

We didn't have Black Mamba or Ghostbusters, but Gothic Lights was very good for a small cake, it stood up well at New Year and we fired a lot of very good cakes :)

6. Jezzadw

Jezzadw

Baronet

Just I'll never do rockets so the extra cake would be good. As I could have 2 of 1 and maybe another. Or the selection box and 2 different cakes. Gives lots more options.

7. Maddog

Maddog

Esquire the 2nd

25 carat

8. gaz Administrator

gaz

Sovereign the 3rd

I think it's safe to say we will be getting same as last year if Lidl picked them again.

9. AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Wizard the 3rd

I would love to see a large wheel or two or even a wheel pack from the German product range sold here in the Lidl Weco UK range of fireworks, it's a shame you don't get Weco wheels in the range here, the German market wheels are QUALITY especially the brilliant Diamant Sonne wheel. ;) It's bright it's immense and goes on and on.........

10. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

Almost certainly going to be the same range as last year, they don't tend to change ranges very often :) @AnthonyUKpyro it would be good to see, but I don't think wheels are a big enough seller on the UK market to be stocked as singles in supermarkets unfortunately

gaz and AnthonyUKpyro like this.
  11. gaz Administrator

gaz

Sovereign the 3rd

I emailed weco, and this is what I received. In regards to if weco will be making an appearance this year.

AnthonyUKpyro likes this.
  12. AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Wizard the 3rd

Weco seem to be the best of the supermarket firework ranges with good value, decent performance and a wow factor that leaves the other supermarket ranges wanting and unable to catch up at all in performance and value terms. Nice to see it again this year! ;)

13. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

Certainly good news, bar a few issues i found weco to be as good as ever last year, certainly the cakes looked very good quality and value :)

14. adnan2012fireworks

adnan2012fireworks

Noble the 2nd

Si7 and James12343 like this.
  15. James12343

James12343

Peasant the 1st

Cheers bro, all similar price to the Gothic lights which is interesting shame they ain’t 3 for £20 :(

adnan2012fireworks likes this.
  16. Ben Garner

Ben Garner

Noble

I'd probably get some stuff from there next year, the Nec on the boxes for the prices are great