Volume Or Effects?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Do you prefer the volume or effect on a firework?

• Volume

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Effect

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Alexs21

Wizard the 3rd
Oct 25, 2014
Someone just mentioned this in another thread so I was just wondering on everyone else's opinions. So what do you go for volume or effect? If both Tell us how much you go for each in the comments :)

I go for a bit of both, maybe a little more effect :)

Cheshire Pyro

Peasant the 2nd
Sep 26, 2015
Northwich
I'm more bothered about volume, but that's probably because a lot of the fireworks I had as a kid in the early 2000's were more focused on bang than colour, air bombs, screech bomb rockets, proton bombs etc etc. You ain't gonna get that in today's stuff though, most are all colour now, some do bang as well but not loud bangs. That's why I don't use anything 'new spec' all my stash is pure old skool :cool:

Reactions: Alexs21

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
It's all about the effect I think, it's nice to have some noise to go with it, and I do see the appeal of salute cakes, but i'd much rather have something with stunning effects rather than very loud :)

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
I will always choose my pyro for effect, of course you do need something in there to rattle the windows but it's not my prime objective. First pyro I ever bought was in 1996. Used to love buying black cat thunder king shot tubes. Me and me mates would blow em up on a small bit of heathland by in our town. Then we'd cycle away add quick as possible for fear of someone calling the police! Lol, we were so rebellious........ not

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveLX

Peasant the 1st
Oct 17, 2014
Given the choice I will edge towards loud, probably because I grew up buying 'crow scarers' (extra loud bangers used by farmers) but I would say that variation is more important than either of them to me now.
I have a whole bunch of SIBs but will be varying between those and fountains, wheels, candles etc otherwise it just becomes 15 minutes of whoosh, bang, whoosh, bang!