Unconfirmed Retail Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

Esquire the 5th
Ok first and foremost this through very private sources and as people will know from my previous hunting they are trustworthy however as i always say take it all with a pinch of salt till confirmed

So here is what our retailers are proposing to stock

Aldi - TNT (90% on this)

Asda - TNT (this is being thrown around by staff but managerial suggest a change in certain stores)

Lidl - Weco (minus last years japan in my Boxers up their are proposing weco again however this has been talk of a different supplier with equally great products )

Morrisons - TNT and night star (95% with this as ive seen a prelimary brochure)

Sainsburys - Standard/bright star (This is mere staff speculation no info from head office)

Tesco - Standard Same as sainburys however there is a talk of tnt being mixed in this year

for now it's all the info i have from my sources if you guys have a store give me a shout will see what i can find but until these are confirmed please take it all with a pinch of salt

all the best

the eye in the sky ;)[/b]

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
The Asda point about some shops being different holds true with my source too. There is a little rumour that the superstores will be handling different stock to the supermarkets. This has also driven speculaiton regarding brands

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Space for one - the supermarkets struggle with seasonal (whatevery that may be) Where as the superstores can hold larger stocks and have more POS capacity

Maddog

Esquire the 5th
Rich said:
Space for one - the supermarkets struggle with seasonal (whatevery that may be) Where as the superstores can hold larger stocks and have more POS capacity
I agree bud when my source told me a first i was like your at the wind up and then hes like no seems a unusual change but i know some asda's are smaller than others my local in hamilton fireworks are usually a makeshift counter behind the row of tills self service etc not much space for lots of pyro

it's a move for them that makes sense for the consumer well thats a different story however i will be checking out both versions but if i were to put anything i think the final solution with asda would be TNT all stores but not a huge catalogue in all stores i.e mini asdas do selection boxes sparklers

and the superstore asda doing everything. Only time will tell really

if i get more info you know ill post on here

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
cossi said:
I cant see sainsburys dumping tnt after 1 year.
They could be testing sales, and in fact it wouldn't surprise me if all supermarkets test different brands for bonfire night this year. The Reason I'm saying this because I have just read a recent post on familiar subject on Halloween and bonfire night.

And that not many people are shopping for fireworks and would rather go to a family display, and they have seen a sharp rise in adults shopping for Halloween related products, But what supermarkets are reporting even though the fireworks are not selling well, The food for bonfire night i.e potatoes are having a massive % rise.

Now I'm not saying supermarkets will stop selling fireworks all together, But like i have pointed out, they will be testing waters on diffrent brands to see what sells better to maximize profit..

the problem for supermarkets is self inflicted. Last year ,in sainsburys ,a member of staff said they had a load of complaints about the pyro they sold the year before (standard). The price has a lot to do with it I reckon. If you pay a lot for garden fireworks ,you expect to be entertained, if you're not, why bother buying again.
Tesco last year had the solaris box £30 bogof. it was pathetic . im glad I stuck to the £5 box. with the buying power of Tesco you'd think they and the other national retailers would offer a better deal. If they cant ,don't sell um and perhaps well have more seasonal or even all year firework shops pop up.

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
cossi said:
the problem for supermarkets is self inflicted. Last year ,in sainsburys ,a member of staff said they had a load of complaints about the pyro they sold the year before (standard). The price has a lot to do with it I reckon. If you pay a lot for garden fireworks ,you expect to be entertained, if you're not, why bother buying again.
Tesco last year had the solaris box £30 bogof. it was pathetic . im glad I stuck to the £5 box. with the buying power of Tesco you'd think they and the other national retailers would offer a better deal. If they cant ,don't sell um and perhaps well have more seasonal or even all year firework shops pop up.
If only latifs would do same, back in 2010 i bought, the streewise for £40 and no way i would buy it again. I think what the firework shops need to is make a campaign, In showing a comparision how pathetic supermarket firework can get compared and maybe making more fireworks low in prices.

But to be honest we will not see many firework shops sell or make more small shops across the uk.,with it comes too many fees.

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Im very interested in what ASDA is going to do. I live about 5 minutes to one of there biggest stores in the country (last i heard 2nd biggest) so i will know if there be any change hopefully soon. if a single supermarket goes bright star i be shocked.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
I hope Tesco do the Standard Endeavour selection box and the pack of fountains/mine and multishot fountain roman barrages/cakes this year;had em last year and they were quite entertaining for the money! I like the old retro Standard logo and old retro Standard designs on them;it's a nice harkback to the companies' illustrious past:):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.