Twilight, Dusk Or Dark?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Display is best in the.....

• Dark

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Twilight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dusk

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
So what is your preferred lighting for firing your display. Personally I prefer it pitch black dark but I know others that don't. Some do believe that firing with some light still present improves some fireworks so I'd be interested to know what you guys think.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I have always gone off the guideline "if you can see it and it's dark enough, you can light it", and I have always used that theory personally, I never wait till pitch black for fireworks and will never do.

Also with the 11'o'clock curfew out of season, although it may be preferable, it's unavoidable that some people will set them off at dusk too, particularly spring/late summer i.e August to comply with that law. ;)

Last edited:

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
True but can be down to location. For example I did a wedding display in the countryside in June less than a week from the longest day and it was pitch black just after 10 however in town because of light pollution etc you have to fire in dusk round my way lol!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Always in the dark for us, though it is usually pitch black here at about 6:30 in season