This Morning Facebook.

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Pyrodave1.3

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 8, 2015
I know this has been discussed about 40,000000 times but was just looking on my news feed on facebook and on the morning show "this morning" they where talking about wether fireworks should be banned from public sale, Retail shops only open once a year and also wether fireworks should be on sale only once a year. Now as always the subject of "pets" where brought up, As i scrolled down the comments every single and i mean literally every single comment was a very firm"Yes ban them from public sale" etc so nothing new there at all.

I know it may never happen but as they say "never say never" but it sort of has me a little paranoid, people just don't seem as tolerant towards fireworks as try use to. They complained on facebook about "it aint just firework week it is firework season" and about people setting them off at midnight and also abusing fireworks, THESE are the people who are spoiling it for us and it is the people who have worked endlessly to bring us fireworks 365 days a year that seem to be getting te negative comments angled at. I think what people really need to realise is, If they pressed so hard to ban fireworks all year round but 1-2 nights a year that is peoples lovely hoods you are messing with just because they are so miserable and so darn selfish to let people have there fun (not that im condoning ANYONE messing with fireworks nor setting them off anti socially). People like this need to wake up and take a better look into what they say, These people that run all year round firework shops are not just doing this because they love and have a passion for the industry, but they are also providing for there familys and putting food on the table and a roof over there familys heads, they should not be punished because they just so happen to want to be involved in fireworks, The ban brigade and all the other people need to be Snickerdoodle! well grateful it aint luiyang in china we are in where they are lighting off fireworks the second they wake up till all hours of the morning constant or even in germany where they are setting racks and firing 3-4-5 inch shells in the streets.

What they also need to understand is that fireworks are deeply embeded into british culture, it is our past time so you are not just ridding hard working people of there business you are eroding you're own countries traditions in the process and that is something i think the british piblic have been guilty of for years, Certain fireworks have been banned what more do they want ? All i am really saying to my fellow Pyro enthusiasts is that we stand strong against people like this, it so pathetic, we have a war mongering government doing far far worse to us all than someone with a fireworks shop that sells 365 days a year, there is so much bigger and important things for us to focusing on as a country yet always pick on fireworks? These people certainly do not live in the real world and seriously need to start getting there priorities straight.

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
The number of people who are "anti fireworks" doesn't really differ from what it use to, it's just there are more and easier platforms for these people to voice there opinions. Social media is a catalyst for moaning, whining, complaining etc.

There are many things people complain about that don't compare to the main issues felt by everyone in this country, its not just fireworks that get a rough ride. The difference is that you're more likely to notice it because it's something you and all of us are passionate about.

Take for example a story about Absinthe. A mother petitioned to have it banned after her son died drinking it. The crux here though was her son died after downing a pint of it. Downing a 70% proof drink is just insanity, but why ban the drink just because someone could act in such an idiotic way.

I agree it's frustrating but as responsible users of fireworks it's up to us to maintain a good reputation and beat the minority of idiots there are out there.

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Part of reason why people want them banned I learnt since living in the house I do now. My neighbours don't like anything I do which doesn't suit them and if they are jealous and other issues they may have. My neighbours don't like the fact I clean my car weekly which does not affect them any way but don't like it.

My point here is people complain for the sake of it and don't like things which are not perfect for them. People love to join the band wagon as well searching for acceptance because they cant stand by them self.

I ask for 1-3 nights of the year to enjoy fireworks safely but others also want spoil other people fun. I think only a few people really have a genuine reason to want them band. I know fireworks can be noisy but a few nights a year does not hurt anyone.

Like Rich said it is down to us responsible users to maintain a good rep.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Part of reason why people want them banned I learnt since living in the house I do now. My neighbours don't like anything I do which doesn't suit them and if they are jealous and other issues they may have. My neighbours don't like the fact I clean my car weekly which does not affect them any way but don't like it.

My point here is people complain for the sake of it and don't like things which are not perfect for them. People love to join the band wagon as well searching for acceptance because they cant stand by them self.

I ask for 1-3 nights of the year to enjoy fireworks safely but others also want spoil other people fun. I think only a few people really have a genuine reason to want them band. I know fireworks can be noisy but a few nights a year does not hurt anyone.

Like Rich said it is down to us responsible users to maintain a good rep.

Exactly Rob couldn't agree more.

On the point about your neighbours, sounds like your stash needs a dum bum ;)

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
or 2 haha. The neighbours not going to like the 7th when the big ones come out. although so far cosmic chaos is my largest firework though. Been a hard year this one to find decent fireworks in my area.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Also what the anti-firework dogooders conveniently ignore and forget, is that, if fireworks are banned from retail sale/private use, people will still get hold of them and let them off, albeit illegally through the underground black market and these illegal black market fireworks that illegal vendors and traders will flog may be several times more dangerous and extremely potentially lethal than the regulated bs7114/bs-en 15945 compliant safe fireworks we currently have on retail sale now. ;) If you follow the instructions, secure them firmly where necessary, and stand well back at the manufacturers recommended safety distance after lighting, no harm will come to anybody whatsoever. :)

Reactions: gaz