Theme Parks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Bit silly really because it has always ran fine before
Apparently there was an incident I think fairly recently when it was raining and the manufacturer has told them that it cannot be operated in certain conditions. I imagine this is temporary until they can work to overcome whatever the issue is during the closed season.

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
Apparently there was an incident I think fairly recently when it was raining and the manufacturer has told them that it cannot be operated in certain conditions. I imagine this is temporary until they can work to overcome whatever the issue is during the closed season.
I heard 13 had a incident but wasnt major but they are just being on the side of caution until intamin figure somet out I think

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Thorpe Park are launching a consultation for a new coaster in Old Town! Only taken nearly 10 years lol. Clearly everyone is hoping for a hyper, which looks ever more likely with Chessington getting a B&M as well. Consultation launches on 10th December, can't wait to see what they've got in store for us

Reactions: Alexs21

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Thorpe Park are launching a consultation for a new coaster in Old Town! Only taken nearly 10 years lol. Clearly everyone is hoping for a hyper, which looks ever more likely with Chessington getting a B&M as well. Consultation launches on 10th December, can't wait to see what they've got in store for us
I saw a short video about this from a YouTube vlogger yesterday, would be awesome to have a B&M hyper coaster and think Thorpe would suit it perfectly.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
I saw a short video about this from a YouTube vlogger yesterday, would be awesome to have a B&M hyper coaster and think Thorpe would suit it perfectly.
It'd be a fantastic fit. It could well have an interesting layout too, the space in Old Town would lean towards a more twisty layout than the usual out and back hyper. Very exciting times ahead I think

Reactions: Firey Dave
Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
It'd be a fantastic fit. It could well have an interesting layout too, the space in Old Town would lean towards a more twisty layout than the usual out and back hyper. Very exciting times ahead I think
Guess it was no b&m hyper which I was hoping for but seems like a mack or intamin coaster looking at supports and elements

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Guess it was no b&m hyper which I was hoping for but seems like a mack or intamin coaster looking at supports and elements
I too would of loved to have seen a B&M hyper, and if I'm honest that's probably what my money was on. From the artwork it's looking more compact than I was expecting, having said this, if, assuming it all gets the go ahead with little to no tweaks, it's anything like the images they've released it should make for an awesome ride I think.

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
I too would of loved to have seen a B&M hyper, and if I'm honest that's probably what my money was on. From the artwork it's looking more compact than I was expecting, having said this, if, assuming it all gets the go ahead with little to no tweaks, it's anything like the images they've released it should make for an awesome ride I think.
Oh Ye still be good the only think people seem to be worrying about is ride length as it seems quite short

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
A Mack coaster is definitely what I'm thinking. They went to turkey to do sound testing, and that's where another Mack Hyper is. I'm a little disappointed by it, I don't want more inversions in a park that has so many, and it does definitely look short. However, a 230ft twisted first drop is guaranteed to be awesome, and as long as it brings some big airtime I think it'll be a great addition, just not what I would've done myself. It's certainly a left field option

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
A Mack coaster is definitely what I'm thinking. They went to turkey to do sound testing, and that's where another Mack Hyper is. I'm a little disappointed by it, I don't want more inversions in a park that has so many, and it does definitely look short. However, a 230ft twisted first drop is guaranteed to be awesome, and as long as it brings some big airtime I think it'll be a great addition, just not what I would've done myself. It's certainly a left field option
It will most likely have come down to cost in the end as something like a b&m hyper is very costly

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
It will most likely have come down to cost in the end as something like a b&m hyper is very costly
I can't see a Mack being much cheaper though, Copperhead Strike at Carowinds cost more than Fury 325! Only possible difference is Mack fabricate the track in Germany whereas B&Ms is fabricated in Ohio. In any event, i wouldn't be surprised if the investment is over £20million

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
I can't see a Mack being much cheaper though, Copperhead Strike at Carowinds cost more than Fury 325! Only possible difference is Mack fabricate the track in Germany whereas B&Ms is fabricated in Ohio. In any event, i wouldn't be surprised if the investment is over £20million
Posibally but depends what they do with the area as I don't see it staying as old town tbh