Theme Parks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
This is something i've developed more of an interest in during lockdown, reawakening the long days spent playing Roller Coaster Tycoon as a child :ROFLMAO: i'm interested to hear any recommendations from people who've been to parks in Europe anywhere,to add to my list of places to visit. So far I have a postponed trip to Alton Towers as soon as i'm able to after July 4th, and then next April i've got a trip to Europa park in Germany, which i've transferred to after a cancelled short holiday this summer. Then i'd also like to make it to Phantasialand in Germany, Efteling in the Netherlands, and Liseburg in Sweden, as soon as finances and covid allows :) obviously building up to the ultimate trip to Florida, but despite the very cheap prices currently available on flights and accommodation, the price of park tickets and food whilst you're there does make it prohibitively expensive still lol

Reactions: Alexs21

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
The only European parks I've been to were Terra Mitica and Iberia in Benidorm, it used to be one park but they split it into two so they could fleece the general public by charging another entry fee. We were lucky as the hotel we stayed in gave free entry to both of them. It was decent to be fair as it was very quiet but i wouldn't pay to get in lol...there just wasn't enough there to justify it.

You'll love Florida mate, the best parks by far are the 3 Universal ones, Busch Gardens is very good too but its a good bit away from Orlando. i was booked up again for this September but we've managed to move it to May next year without losing our deposit with British Airways.

Get it booked and then worry about how you pay for it (y)

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
You'll love Florida mate, the best parks by far are the 3 Universal ones, Busch Gardens is very good too but its a good bit away from Orlando. i was booked up again for this September but we've managed to move it to May next year without losing our deposit with British Airways.

Get it booked and then worry about how you pay for it (y)
Interesting to hear that, as someone who's never been all that interested in the Disney parks. Universal has always appealed to me more

I do have to be a bit careful, i'm supposed to be moving house (and job) in August, and that's not going to be easy at this time. But then again, it's been a long few weeks, and sitting on Citywalk with a giant doughnut and a beer is very appealing... lol

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
The Disney parks are still good but they're more for small children than thrill seekers IMO

Citywalk is something else mate, especially at night but it's so expensive.... that donut and beer will probably cost you 20 dollars lol

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
The Disney parks are still good but they're more for small children than thrill seekers IMO

Citywalk is something else mate, especially at night but it's so expensive.... that donut and beer will probably cost you 20 dollars lol
That's my concern really, I can fly and stay for no more than a decent all inclusive to spain, but once you're there I expect it'll cost me a good couple grand for me and the missus. Might be one for when the savings are a bit firmer lol

Alexs21

Wizard the 3rd
Oct 25, 2014
I haven't really been to many but have always liked them, i remember looking for hours of POV videos on rollercoasters around the world thinking one day i'd go haha. Flamingo Land is a good one though and is quite nearby for me, been to alton Towers a couple of times as well a long time ago.

Reactions: Somersetpyro