1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'what Fireworks I Have Purchased Today' Thread 2017

Discussion in 'Fireworks Chat And Discussion' started by jimmywhizz, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

Email sent, no reply as yet, but they have only been open for half an hour so far today

2. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

Nothing yet?

3. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

Nope, nothing at all

4. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

Got my mate to pick these up at the Mars Pyrotechnics demo last night. New pack of Wolf Pack rockets which will retail at around £100 for the 5. Got them at half price for £50 which is a lot more than I'd usually pay for just 5 rockets, but I thought I'd treat myself and set them off on NYE. Absolutely humongous bursts on these.

FullSizeRender.jpg

5. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

There was another new line of rockets called 'Eros' which have had to be recalled. They all went up, but then came back down again and exploded on the ground.

6. jimmywhizz

jimmywhizz

Peasant the 2nd

Oh dear not a good start for Mars. Any other news on their new products?

7. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

Lots of good new products and old favourites such as carpet bomber just as good as ever. The only let down were the Eros rockets, which had fired okay previously in testing

8. jimmywhizz

jimmywhizz

Peasant the 2nd

Is there any cat 2 stuff in their range?

9. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

I'm pretty sure all of their stuff is 1.3g. Not sure any of their new items were 1.4g at the demo, but I doubt it.

10. Jezzadw

Jezzadw

Baronet

You can have 1.3g CAT 2, a lot of Celtic is like that. But I believe Mars don't do any CAT 2 products, I may be mistaken but they seem to do a lot of bigger CAT 3 stuff. Very powerful etc

11. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

Those rockets look very good, and a good price @Joe ciabatti :)
    All their stuff is cat 3 as far as I know, their smallest cake is Carpet Bomber, their whole range is max bore, max power, very loud, massive breaks from the footage i've seen. Fairly sure most of their stuff is 1.4g Pyromesh, at least by the case, for easy storage at retailers

Joe ciabatti likes this.
  12. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

Yeah, you're not wrong Jezza. There isn't a whole lot of 1.3g out there apart from rockets which is cat 2 though.

13. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

There's a fair bit, nearly all of Celtic's cat 2 is 1.3g, Zeus have some 1.3 ca 2 cakes too, primed as well, tbh apart from rockets there isn't really too much 1.3g going around, i think importers try to make as much 1.4g stuff as possible these days, whether with mesh or not

14. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

good price for what they'll retail at, but £50 is still a lot of dough. Hope the other four are as good as the one on the vid... would hate for that one to explode at ground level. Would be dangerous even at 25m safety

15. Jezzadw

Jezzadw

Baronet

Jorge and klasek both do 1.3g cakes also. I think most of the manufacturers supply both. But with the Mars stuff I think it's all higher end larger display stuff, no small products.

16. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

What Jorge cakes are 1.3g?

17. Jezzadw

Jezzadw

Baronet

My bad, I'm sure i saw one or two.

18. Joe ciabatti

Joe ciabatti

Noble the 1st

A lot of the Jorge cakes certainly seem 1.3g, pretty powerful bursts on them

AnthonyUKpyro likes this.
  19. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 6th

The Jorge cakes are imo the perfect example to show that 1.3 of 1.4 really doesn't make much difference for cakes, they're fantastic and loud for their size too. The other good example is Brothers Diamond Princess, that cake is stunning and the best in it's price range I think

SilberWirbel likes this.
  20. jimmywhizz

jimmywhizz

Peasant the 2nd

A few new purchases this week...

Attached Files:

Somersetpyro likes this.