The Reviews

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Please feel free to share thoughts on what you've fired this year :) always like reading what people were surprised/disappointed by

I managed to fire a good part of my leftovers, forgot completely what I had stored but it made for a fun night :)
Tesco Carnival box: as small as it gets. Not as good as the Magic box imo for a small garden
Tiny standard rockets: not even sure when I brought these, though I'm sure they were from sainsburys lol. Surprisingly not bad though, decent enough
Gala fountain: very nice, long lasting, good range of effects
Enchanted fountain: as good as ever, definitely the best big fountain at the price point
Skycrafter Bonfire Deluxe box: really nice effects in this one, they're underrated boxes imo
Fire Cube box: glad I fired it now. My honest thought, not anything to shout about. Love the history side though
TNT aerial bonanza pack: all of the pieces were good performers, well worth it for the money
Jigsaw Air Force rockets: the trailblazers were good, these were awesome, probably the best rockets I've fired. Big bursts and huge boom
Brothers Hocus Pocus: I love this, it's a nice pretty fountain then bang goes the mine. Very punchy for a garden Firework. Scared the audience suitably as well
Battlestar: great multieffect cake, I've always liked this one
Zeus Monsoon Blast: stopped after 5 shots, which is a shame as I think it had potential
Celtic Mish Mash Mini: I loved its big brother, and the small version was just as good. Well outperforms it's size
Jorge Imagine: superb, big breaks, nice and loud, good colour as usual from Jorge. Very nice big bore cake
Kimbolton Blue Moon: got this for the mixed effects, and it did a nice job. Very bright blue, good firing pace, great cake
Brothers Dark Angel: used this as the finale. It didn't disappoint. Great bursts, and the whistle was loud and added a nice extra dimension. A great end to the night

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Playing with some selection boxes from my stash at my in laws on Friday I finally fired my Visage, great little box. Also was pretty impressed with the Rainbow from asda, really nice vivid colours. Big display at my parents last night, mostly Lesli, Vivid and Celtic pieces, all performing brilliantly, also used 4 pieces from my Asylum Barrage pack. Lesli's Dr Doom followed by Vivid's Professor X and then then Standing Ovation (no gaps between them) Made for a hell of a finale! Unfortunately it didn't run completely smoothly though with my Absolute Fireworks 75 shot Bandicoot giving up after 4! I was also using a 12 cue remote system to fire at specific points, running alongside my main firing unit (I'll come to that). It only fired 3 of my 4 Black Cat Misson to Mars rockets (which were brilliant I thought), failed to light any of my three fountains and one of the 2 candles that were to go off together in a V. I know these are normally only about 90% reliable I understand, although I will say on many of them they did spark but just never ignited the fuse so it may have been dodgy connecting on my part. Now, the other firing system, I saw it a few months ago and thought no I can't, it's madness....... then eventually, yeah sod it, I'm having it, I'm going to live out my dreams :LOL: . So I purchased the Ignite I18 firing module and was able to, with ease create a pyro musical using their show designer online tool and fire it from my phone with their app. Yes it's not a cheap 'toy' but damn it's good and it's the closest thing in ever likely to get to designing a professional show.

Jim Reeves

Peasant the 2nd
Aug 12, 2018
Dorset
Good night last night got the lake lit up with fountains and all my 60 hawks were nice and loud epics big rockets I got last min were so good and the menshun three dons pack was very good but still miss the salutes of the old spec set

markchambers99

Noble the 1st
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
Visage - Very good box
Dyno Rockets - Nothing special
Plasma Attack - Fantastic
Sky Wizard Rockets - Excellent
Elements Shot Tubes - Excellent

Also had leftovers from a Modern Warfare box which were great, plus some Delta Force rockets which were leftovers from 2019.

Firing a repeat of the above tonight, except the Visage box is replaced with The Equalizer box

BulletProofMum

ST Typo of the Decade Winner!
Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
Nothing much to write up. I just used up some old, small boxes.

Had the last of my lidl weco stuff, the smallest box they did left over (new fire). It was a lot better than I remembered. Either I've forgotten in the last 5 years or so. Or maybe it was a bit windy before and the effects were lost, idk. But it was really good. Better duration than I remembered. The cone type fountains were brilliant. Not long lived but got to a good 6 foot and very bright. Hardly any crackle either, a little in one fountain and in one shot tube. That's a win in my book. Sick of crackle now. Shot tubes are nice for a small box too. The candle was naff though. 5 very weak shots. I wish we could still get weco stuff. I remember even the rockets in the 3 for 20 being decent. And the gothic lights; though plasma attack is a fair replacement.

Did a couple of bright star monster boxes. Excellent for the price I paid back then. Not so much now at about a tenner. Decent candles. Lovely colours; lots of blues which for a 6ish quid box (at the time) is really nice. Bit repetitive though as most things were in twos and I had two boxes. So I angled and lit in pairs.

Only thing I managed to buy this year was Snickerdoodle! sparklers I did have a click snd collect order in at our local firework shop but the buggers cancelled it last minute as they'd sold the stock on diwali. Gits :p needless to say, everything else was sold out I mean, they are good sparklers and the best value (lidl, 12 for 2 quid) but still... they sparkle. Whoop.

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Nothing much to write up. I just used up some old, small boxes.

Had the last of my lidl weco stuff, the smallest box they did left over (new fire). It was a lot better than I remembered. Either I've forgotten in the last 5 years or so. Or maybe it was a bit windy before and the effects were lost, idk. But it was really good. Better duration than I remembered. The cone type fountains were brilliant. Not long lived but got to a good 6 foot and very bright. Hardly any crackle either, a little in one fountain and in one shot tube. That's a win in my book. Sick of crackle now. Shot tubes are nice for a small box too. The candle was naff though. 5 very weak shots. I wish we could still get weco stuff. I remember even the rockets in the 3 for 20 being decent. And the gothic lights; though plasma attack is a fair replacement.

Did a couple of bright star monster boxes. Excellent for the price I paid back then. Not so much now at about a tenner. Decent candles. Lovely colours; lots of blues which for a 6ish quid box (at the time) is really nice. Bit repetitive though as most things were in twos and I had two boxes. So I angled and lit in pairs.

Only thing I managed to buy this year was Snickerdoodle! sparklers I did have a click snd collect order in at our local firework shop but the buggers cancelled it last minute as they'd sold the stock on diwali. Gits :p needless to say, everything else was sold out I mean, they are good sparklers and the best value (lidl, 12 for 2 quid) but still... they sparkle. Whoop.
I'd of had a fit if a shop had sold my order! You've ordered it m it should be boxed up with your name on it ready for you to collect. I too also miss the old Weco pieces. Not sure if I ever had the 3 for 20 rockets or not, unless they were the Dance Floor rockets. I had them but can't remember if they were the deal or separate.

Reactions: BulletProofMum

BulletProofMum

ST Typo of the Decade Winner!
Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
I'd of had a fit if a shop had sold my order! You've ordered it m it should be boxed up with your name on it ready for you to collect. I too also miss the old Weco pieces. Not sure if I ever had the 3 for 20 rockets or not, unless they were the Dance Floor rockets. I had them but can't remember if they were the deal or separate.
I did! Haha

Now I'm thinking, maybe they weren't the 3 for 20? I def had the dancefloor ones, and I'm sure it's those in thinking of. It was too long ago haha

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
I did! Haha

Now I'm thinking, maybe they weren't the 3 for 20? I def had the dancefloor ones, and I'm sure it's those in thinking of. It was too long ago haha
I know there was another bigger rocket pack that was up from the Dancefloor ones, I nearly got them when the guy in lidl brought out my fireworks and had the wrong rocket pack, unfortunately he checked then off on my receipt so realised his mistake, I joked that he could let me have them and he chuckled and went back to get the correct pack.... meany.

Reactions: BulletProofMum
Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
Main display is tonight so havent set loads off but I set off a satoshi 10 shot cake from lesli which surprised me alot for its size and the magic box from tnt is decent enough for a fiver

Reactions: SilberWirbel

markchambers99

Noble the 1st
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
My selection from tonight must have been good as we had the same guy shouting over the hedges that went at us 2 years ago calling us morons etc. We'd finished firing before 7 so it wasn't late and there was loads of other people setting them off too. We politely shouted at him that instead of shouting from the shadows to come to the door and see us face to face. He went quiet after that.

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
My selection from tonight must have been good as we had the same guy shouting over the hedges that went at us 2 years ago calling us morons etc. We'd finished firing before 7 so it wasn't late and there was loads of other people setting them off too. We politely shouted at him that instead of shouting from the shadows to come to the door and see us face to face. He went quiet after that.
We had someone shout over to us but not in a nice way he. He was calling us all sorts of stuff and was saying he would knock my head off so I said we aren't doing anything illegal so call the police if you dont like it but they wont do anything and he never spoke again lol

markchambers99

Noble the 1st
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
We had someone shout over to us but not in a nice way he. He was calling us all sorts of stuff and was saying he would knock my head off so I said we aren't doing anything illegal so call the police if you dont like it but they wont do anything and he never spoke again lol
Absolutely no need for it. I think a bit of education is needed for these people who mouth off. For years I was of the belief you could only set fireworks off on BFN, however when I grew and realised my love of pyro was here to stay I became a little more educated.

Reactions: SilberWirbel

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
People are cowards. They'll shout from behind a fence, but would never come over and say it to your face. They'll comment on facebook, but in real life will hide from you. As soon as they get a bit back they slink off into a corner. Just crack on and do what you do, if they don't like it then tough lol

@Firey Dave @BulletProofMum the Dancefloor were indeed the 3 for £20 rockets, remember having them with the new Fire Pack and Gothic Lights. Very good performers they were too. Gah i hope lidl get Weco back one day lol

aquila

Noble the 1st
Oct 22, 2016
County Durham
I had a significant display with a good selection of rather high end fireworks. Here's what I experienced:

Critical Hit rockets (Bright Star): Pffft. Barely a bang. 2/10
Sky Hunter rockets (Hallmark): Now we're talking! The right amount of bang for a garden. Good colours and burst shapes 7/10
Dum Bum Triple (Klasek): 3 salutes to make the unsuspecting audience jump. 6/10
Plasma Attacks (Standard): I fired 3 simultaneously as an opener and glad I did. Very basic and uneven break shapes. Only rated higher due to their good value. 4/10
Wenus (Jorge): A good, cheap cake. Fired 2 simultaneously. Good fun bursts and impressive hang time for the bore size: 6/10
Colourful Crosette (Celtic): Always a favourite. Makes for a good intermission without much noise but with beautiful colours. 6/10
Jackpot (Primed): Good break size but very basic effects. 5/10
Night Passion (Hallmark): a good variety of effects both straight and fanned, 7/10
Hurricane (Evolution): Huge breaks in a good round shape and LOUD! Always brings the smiles. 8/10
Afterglow (Celtic): I was expecting more, but was basically the same as the Wenus with slightly larger breaks 5/10
Rainbow Strobe (Hallmark): More good size breaks, like the Hurricane, but less shots 7/10
Fork Handles (Celtic): One of my favourites with dazzling white comets, crossettes and screamers. 7/10
Annual Gala (Hallmark): this one seemed to fire in a different pattern to Hallmark's promo video, but was still pleasing 6/10
Adrenalize (Primed): my first ever mega compound and boy did it deliver! I was slightly worried about its pace watching the videos but in real life those concerns were put well to rest. The loud salutes at the end drew a roaring applause 9/10
Flashy (Primed): my finale compound with absolutely MASSIVE bursts and impressively fast pace, however the fanned angles were waaaaay too wide (about double that of the Annual Gala) and sent shells bursting over my neighour's gardens. Whoops. Lost points because of that 7/10.