The range fireworks shocking

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

bilizene

Peasant
Oct 3, 2019
wales
I bought the party selection box the mighty atom battle of midway and wrath of the gods a couple of the fireworks in the selection box self destructed the mighty atom had a miss fire where it shot all at once the battle of midway was good but was very low and was kinda fast but the worst of all the “finale cake “ gosh where do I begin firstly I seen that it was renamed to oden fury in the mag but they had wrath of the gods for sale on the video it looked huge with slow but big burst when we lit it as the finale cake it was Fudge Berries! firstly lots of misfires and there was basically no bursts it was little futs like u get from Tesco rockets the sound was louder from the firework coming out of the cake than in the air terrible I hope everyone is having a good night and i am wondering if anyone has the same issue also they were kept in indoors

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
I bought the party selection box the mighty atom battle of midway and wrath of the gods a couple of the fireworks in the selection box self destructed the mighty atom had a miss fire where it shot all at once the battle of midway was good but was very low and was kinda fast but the worst of all the “finale cake “ gosh where do I begin firstly I seen that it was renamed to oden fury in the mag but they had wrath of the gods for sale on the video it looked huge with slow but big burst when we lit it as the finale cake it was Fudge Berries! firstly lots of misfires and there was basically no bursts it was little futs like u get from Tesco rockets the sound was louder from the firework coming out of the cake than in the air terrible I hope everyone is having a good night and i am wondering if anyone has the same issue also they were kept in indoors
If I was you I would write a complaint to the range and brightstar as I have never had a problem

BulletProofMum

ST Typo of the Decade Winner!
Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
Agree with all above, raise the issue. Our local all year seller is all bright star, and I've had them loads. Inc that box many times and a b.o.m... never had a problem before, usually very reliable so needs looking into

Sparkster 2

Peasant the 1st
Oct 12, 2020
Essex
Sorry to hear of your problems. I purchased the Range party box and as per usual was wow'd in fact I think this year is the best performance I have seen. Not one miss fire and very high bursts. Even the 19 shot comet surprised me.

I noticed the quartet fountain now has more blue spurs and a more Goldy orange spark effect. Also I found the waterfall fountains to be really impressive this time.

Definitely contact the range as this seems a bit odd. Maybe your box was stored incorrectly by them or even dropped!

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
The thing is, some shops use 2nd and 3rd party suppliers and / or logistics transportation companies when having fireworks delivered to their businesses and these may not be quite as diligent or as careful in handling and shipping their products as the manufacturer's own delivery service is, result being, the fireworks can get bashed about or damaged in transit leading to weak or mediocre or dangerous performance along with damaged product.

There is also a warning on Bright Star Fireworks products which says "If product appears damaged in any way, DO NOT USE and consult the seller".

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
I hope my Bright Star Party and Bright Star Presidential boxes don't fail on Saturday when I let them off (bought from The Range Blackburn Lancashire in mid October), although having said that, I've had no really bad experiences with Bright Star Fireworks, most have gone off as they should and performed well.

Last edited:

Zoid

Peasant the 1st
Sep 11, 2020
Birmingham
I can agree here...the fireworks I got from The Range misfired and the Wrath of Gods 'Odens Fury' was very disappointing; I thought it would've been much better than it was. The Slammer was much better than the Odins Fury, yet it is was cheaper.

Dec 25, 2018
Birmingham
There must have been some kind of manufacturing, transportation or storage issues at play here. One of my YouTube viewers also had two Odin's Fury barrages which failed to function correctly. In previous years Wrath of the Gods has been superb.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
My Party & Presidential selection boxes of fireworks were 97% reliable with only three minor fails, two mines in Party (Multi Air Bomb Ground Mine and Crackling Rainbow Mine) broke dangerously low to ground level instead of several feet in the air but I had a fire retardant boiler suit on, hard hat and visor so it didn't harm me anyway, and one of the shot tubes in Party Box was a dud after lighting (Palm Burst).

I had to burn that shot tube as I couldn't get it going for love nor money with my Rothenberger, but I shoved it deep in the centre of the bonfire covering it with a wooden board and it burst with a perfect 5 point green star shape in the flames and a moderately loud burst.

The other fireworks in Party and Presidential largely went off, more or less, as they should have done without any serious failures.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilberWirbel