The Big Test

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
So, I’ve been wanting to do this for ages, but money has always been the preventer, however I hope this year to have enough to make it possible! So, provisionally, the plan is as follows. We’ve always said that Lidl is the best supermarket for fireworks, but is it really the best?

This year, I’m going to find out, by allotting each supermarket and national chain store £20, and with it I will get a family selection of fireworks (Ie lidls 3 for £20 selection) to test. I won’t necessarily get a ‘deal’ option, I’ll get whatever seems the best value on the face of things, I do want some half decent pyro out of it lol. This is the list of shops so far, feel free to suggest any I’ve missed, only rule is it has to be a big national chain :)
  • Tesco
  • Asda
  • Morrison’s
  • Sainsburys
  • Lidl
  • Aldi
  • Waitrose
  • The Range
  • (One stop - if they’re selling)
I hope I’ve not missed any, that’s already £160 :D all this will be going on my YouTube channel once the time comes, if you don’t subscribe just search Somersetpyro. I’m genuinely interested in how this goes, hopefully I’ll get something decent out of it :)

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
The first 2 no, well not part of the test, I daresay i'll end up there anyway lol, I wouldn't call them national, same with somewhere like Latifs or JTF. Wyevale is a tricky one as they're expensive and they don't really do a low end box, so the comparison is rather hard, no doubt you could get some quality there mind. I'm planning to go anyway, I want a Gold box to try, but i'll take a look at the prices they have and decide then whether to include them :)
So the Asda £20 quid one would be your disaster one from last year lol
Yes, i'm not spending another £20 there to get a load of Fudge Berries!, if they change the range then I'll get the new stuff but otherwise they're the very low bar thats been set lol