The anti pyro brigade are at it again

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Bloomin do gooders are bringing up their fabricated stories over Sainsburys lack of pyro again. Online news articles and a Facebook post is doing the rounds again. Two of my friends shared it, don't worry, I set them straight with the facts, they didn't respond to that.

jackstanley

Noble
Oct 14, 2012
Swindon
The one I see the most “ Sainsbury’s stopped selling fireworks this year. Should others follow? “
I’d love to meet the person who comes up with this :poop: the best one was how all the other supermarkets made a proper statement on how they will continue to sell pyro and then there’s Tesco “ we will continue to sell fireworks “ and that’s it:ROFLMAO:

Harvey-Yearsley

Noble the 2nd
Aug 15, 2019
Manchester
The one I see the most “ Sainsbury’s stopped selling fireworks this year. Should others follow? “
I’d love to meet the person who comes up with this :poop: the best one was how all the other supermarkets made a proper statement on how they will continue to sell pyro and then there’s Tesco “ we will continue to sell fireworks “ and that’s it:ROFLMAO:
Strange, the tesco nearby me has said they are not selling fireworks for the forseeable future

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
If you ban the retail sale and private use of fireworks then : -

(a) you effectively open up the blackmarket selling of unclassified uncertified potentially lethal firework imports of poor quality and / or excessive explosive power that would kill, injure, burn, maim and blind the users lighting them,

secondly (b) not only that, but you could also get idiots trying to home make their own fireworks from household substances i.e. sugar / petrol / weedkiller / hair colour / ammonia / bleach / oven cleaner / toilet cleaner / washing soda crystals etc., and possibly setting the house on fire or causing an explosion while they are being made illegally, or they could kill or injure the persons using them or hurt loved ones and relatives watching them,

also (c) the criminals selling the illegal blackmarket fireworks may also sell items UK consumers are not allowed to buy or let off but are acceptable in Europe i.e. mini-rockets / aerial shells / Chinese crackers / air-bombs / bangers / German knallkorpers made of flashpowder that can easily blow a hand off / oversized cakes and barrages up to 50mm bore and large explosive weights / helicopters / girandolas / helicopters / parachutes / aerial spinners etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilberWirbel

Harvey-Yearsley

Noble the 2nd
Aug 15, 2019
Manchester
Probs mean they couldnt get stock this year
Probably true but my neighbourhood always goes crazy once fireworks are on sale in supermarkets. And alot of people who dont usually shop there typically go their only for fireworks as i live in a rough neighbourhood and the typical asda, aldi and lidl are always the go to

aquila

Noble the 1st
Oct 22, 2016
County Durham
Honestly I wouldn't mind if the supermarkets only sold the smaller, low risk fireworks, leaving the more heavy stuff to dedicated dealers.

In fact, I've contemplated the idea of having fireworks serialised, and a dealer records the id of whoever buys them so that if kids or antisocials are caught with any, there's a way to trace back to the irresponsible adult who gave it to them.

Probably not a hugely feasible idea, but something that could help.