Tesco fireworks 2013

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2012
tesco will be selling the following fireworks for bonfire night 2013

20180329_230946.jpg20180329_231123.jpg20180329_231056.jpg20180329_231017.jpg

Ghost fountain Shooting Stars Galaxy Sky Blaze Magnitude Sky Power Solaris Supernova Britannia Burst Endeavour Empire Britannia Boom Nebula Apocalypse Evolution Eminence Regulate Calibration Gold Sparklers Giant Sparklers Firework Lighters

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I had the big Standard Endeavour selection box last year;and tbh I think it was much better than the smaller garden box they did, and I also had the Standard Evolution mixed pack too;it had some good fountains a brilliant mine and four cracking multishots (two fountain/roman candle cakes and two multishot barrages). I particularly like the way they've harked back to the retro Standard Fireworks selection box design of yesteryear and used the old Standard logo and old school graphics/design on many of the selection box contents:)

jampyro911

Peasant the 1st
Sep 29, 2013
Dear Justin

Thank you for your email.

I have checked for relevant information regarding your email.

The sale of fireworks in our stores will be commencing as of the Tuesday the 15th October, running until Sunday the 10th November.

The stores should be advertising and displaying leaflets in the near future.

If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Terence Graham
Tesco Customer Service

i know its the same but its something :) lol

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Thanks for posting, will be picking up a few of those portfires, mad that a supermarket has actually released that they are rather useful :)

Also, a few of the fireworks listed have QR codes on to scan, with videos of each firework.
Got to admit not very impressed by anything, think it will just be portfires!

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Does make a change, make life very easy last year, the yeah i looked at all the QR codes, to be honest by the look of them they where better off not showing those videos haha

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Is the Ghost fountain any good? I'm only really wanting it for the novelty factor and it's about the only thing in there that looks half decent for the price.

GAZZAAAAAAAAA

Noble the 3rd
Oct 9, 2012
Scotland
Vladster said:
Is the Ghost fountain any good? I'm only really wanting it for the novelty factor and it's about the only thing in there that looks half decent for the price.
Noticed that too might pick 1 up for the kids to go with the Pumpkin fountain I got out Asda :)

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
Tesco portfires ,,£1 a bargain. spoiler alert ,contains footage of asda Halloween sparkler.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Darkcake12

cossi said:
Tesco portfires ,,£1 a bargain. spoiler alert ,contains footage of asda Halloween sparkler.
http://youtu.be/XtQ1krh0YxI
the portfires are decent for the money but tesco Britannia rockets are appalling for the price i had them and some of them were actually hard to hear when they exploded but the other rockets are ok for the price and dont even get me started on the shot tubes!!!!!! everything tesco do is a ripoff

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
After seeing the vid of those port fires I decided I want some so I took a trip to both my local tesco to grab them. Neither branch is doing any fireworks this year.
So I took a slight detour in the way home tonight to a bigger superstore. Walked in to see the stand only to be told that the port fires is the only item they weren't stocking at all! Unbelievable!

GAZZAAAAAAAAA

Noble the 3rd
Oct 9, 2012
Scotland
Rich said:
After seeing the vid of those port fires I decided I want some so I took a trip to both my local tesco to grab them. Neither branch is doing any fireworks this year.
So I took a slight detour in the way home tonight to a bigger superstore. Walked in to see the stand only to be told that the port fires is the only item they weren't stocking at all! Unbelievable!
That's really poor mate especially from a Tesco superstore.

GAZZAAAAAAAAA

Noble the 3rd
Oct 9, 2012
Scotland
Picked up the ghost fountain today to go with the pumpkin fountain which I will light for my kids on Halloween,also another pack of sparklers for them and portfires were sold out so never got them :(

GreatMarko

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 30, 2013
Liverpool/Manchester
Rich said:
The problem is that whilst Portfires have been around for years in the "professional" market, they are still relatively new to the "consumer" market. (Tesco are the only supermarket I'm aware of that's currently stocking them).

Because they are relatively new to the "consumer" market, I don't think your average-Joe would necessarily be convinced about the need to buy some also when buying fireworks in his local supermarket - especially when selection boxes/rocket packs come with their own (all be it very poor and cheap) "taper".

I suspect because of this lack of consumer knowledge around Portfires, Tesco hasn't seen a particularly high demand for them, and so subsequently that's why many Tesco's aren't stocking them!

For anyone who's not used a Portfire before - they really are worth getting! ...so I'd encourage everyone who sees a Tesco's stocking them to buy some - let's convince Tesco that Portfires are a much safer and efficient alternative to tapers, matches, lighters, etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.