Switching And Powering Your Lights

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Its been well discussed how we all like to put some lights up around the outside of our homes, but how do you manage to power these? Do you have outside power sockets or do you have the cables trailing through windows etc?

We bought a dribox last year in the sales, Dri Box | Decorations | Christmas | homeshopping.24studio.co.uk
These allow you to have one extension running to this box then you can have several lots of your outdoor lights plugged into this.

Also,
Do you turn on your lights every night yourself at a certain time or do yours run on a timer?

For us it differs, some are on a timer but others we will just switch them all one around 4ish once it starts to go dark. For the christmas period/ christmas eve, day boxing day we usually have them on all day though.

Reactions: gaz

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
we have a box for the outside ones also, got it from homebase 3 years ago.
and they are on a timer :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
we've brought another masterplug box for the outdoor lights this year,
we brought lights in the sale last year, so i suppose we need to power them somehow :)

Reactions: Dan12

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
we've brought another masterplug box for the outdoor lights this year,
we brought lights in the sale last year, so i suppose we need to power them somehow :)
I could do with another one as what Ive got planned wont all fit in the one box :(
Will have to keep a good eye out for any deals.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
our masterplug one was on amazon, got it for under £18, which included a 10m extension lead, was the best price i've seen
homebase sell exactly the same one for £20

Reactions: Dan12