Sweet New New 7-seat Ford Galaxy

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
I'd never want an mpv but if I had to then I prefer the new S Max

Reactions: gaz

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
The galaxy is great for 7 adults;i've been in 3rd row of one with another adult and it's not cramped at all like the smaller S-Max and Grand C-Max is and theres a reasonable amount of load space with all 7 seats in place which is good for shopping, but it gets better though with 3rd row dropped. The only other two better rivals with bigger loadspace when all seats are in place are;the Chrysler Grand Voyager and Ssangyong Turismo. The Hyundai i800 is horrible as it too van-like ;)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I did have a galaxy before, my current zafira. the car felt huge compared to what i'm driving but i only loved all parking sensors. the smax in comparison still beats the Mk4, but i suppose you have to see how comfy those back seats are, my hold galaxy was comfy in the middle, i never tried the 2 back seats.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
For a people carrier the Galaxy looks good as well, as do the S and C-Max. And of course with Ford, you're more likely to be buying something reliable as well.
@AnthonyUKpyro our close friends had a grand voyager, it was a nice car with lots of tech, but it wasn't big, it was an aircraft carrier on wheels. In fact, they swapped it recently for none other than a Galaxy :rolleyes: As for the Ssangyong Turismo, the reliability is likely to be poor, it is quite an ugly car as well, and then if anyone asks what you're driving atm, you have to try and pronounce Ssangyong :eek::D

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
For a people carrier the Galaxy looks good as well, as do the S and C-Max. And of course with Ford, you're more likely to be buying something reliable as well.
@AnthonyUKpyro our close friends had a grand voyager, it was a nice car with lots of tech, but it wasn't big, it was an aircraft carrier on wheels. In fact, they swapped it recently for none other than a Galaxy :rolleyes: As for the Ssangyong Turismo, the reliability is likely to be poor, it is quite an ugly car as well, and then if anyone asks what you're driving atm, you have to try and pronounce Ssangyong :eek::D
I am struggling to pronounce Ssangyong

Reactions: Somersetpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I did have a galaxy before, my current zafira. the car felt huge compared to what im driving but i only loved all parking sensors. the smax in comparison is still beats the Mk4, but i suppose you have to see how comfy those back seats are, my hold galaxy was comfy in the middle, i never tried the 2 back seats.
Zafs have never been particularly accomodating 3rd row even the new Zafira Tourer is horribly tight 3rd row. I have rode about in the 3rd of a current Chrysler grandvoyager Somersetpyro and its not cramped and can easily take three 6ft adults comfortably and now Fiat own chrysler the quality has more than improved tremendously and its ingenious Stow n Go system is extremely clever whether seats up or not. The new Ssangyong Turismo is much much better than the ugly rodius mpv it replaced with a decent diesel much more durable interior and better all round quality. ;)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
i have always say when getting a mpv always look at big diesel engines, special if you are carrying or a family. it is needed, i did have an older version of a zaf i have now my current one is a 06 i have to admit the middle row has been ok but very cramped for adults on back 2 seat.

I am not sure really with rest of other makes, but if it ever come down to choosing first would be a ford s max and this new mk4 if it hold out or a vauxhall. TBH i believe it would come down to preference more then anything.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
very crapped for adults on back 2 seat.
Good benchmark set for typo of the year @Gaz :D

@AnthonyUKpyro i never said the grand voyager is cramped, in fact it's on the other end of the scale, almost being too large! I'm over 6ft tall and i could sit in the back, and did, for 45min and was completely comfortable. But parking, our friends said it was a nightmare just doing the shop at Tesco because of it's size.

The fords are quality, you'd be fine with those Gaz, or another option is the 7-seat Toyota Verso (not they hybrid one), they are very comfortable as well

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Good benchmark set for typo of the year @Gaz :D

@AnthonyUKpyro i never said the grand voyager is cramped, in fact it's on the other end of the scale, almost being too large! I'm over 6ft tall and i could sit in the back, and did, for 45min and was completely comfortable. But parking, our friends said it was a nightmare just doing the shop at Tesco because of it's size.

The fords are quality, you'd be fine with those Gaz, or another option is the 7-seat Toyota Verso (not they hybrid one), they are very comfortable as well
I did it so you spot it Somer ;) (cramped) lol. I am ok with what i currently want at the moment, shes fast and suitable. for trips i do. but i do think when i upgrade again in next few years i will go for newish galaxy. or s max.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
The zafira does pack a bit of a punch, you got the standard one or the VXR?

and of course you did ;)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
yeah she can kick in nicely on motorway. i did have a few startup problems in winter gone. But all in all shes past every single mot going yet without any problems lol.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Reliable cars such as that are worth keeping hold of sometimes, you just never know whether the new one will cause problems with breaking down. The starting issues were probably down to the cold, it was very cold these last few months...

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Reliable cars such as that are worth keeping hold of sometimes, you just never know whether the new one will cause problems with breaking down. The starting issues were probably down to the cold, it was very cold these last few months...
it was, plus in winter i was only doing a local run, i wasn't actually stretching her legs, She wasn't getting a charge for a quite a while. My old galaxy was a complete wreck,, she snapped her chain belt and took water pump with her. All in all My current beats is on the same level as me :) she keeps running and i don't pay too much out on her.

Reactions: Somersetpyro