Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
Here's the definites so far :)
  • Asda
  • Morrisons
  • The Range
  • Lidl
  • Wyevale garden centres
  • Chaplins Superstore (Plymouth have all year sales)
  • Buyology
As usual, sales will be from Boxing day/27th December (depending on boxing day opening and staffing levels - safest day to start is 27th) until the close of business on New Years Eve :)

Not a supermarket, but I've just found out an off licence 10 minutes from my house is a seasonal firework seller... been past it a million times and never new! Will be the first place I go to on Boxing day!;)

Hi! How do you know for sure that Lidl will sell fireworks for NYE? I've contacted them a number of times regarding this and they are reluctant to say whether they will stock them. I don't know whether to wait and risk not getting any at all :( If Lidl don't sell after Christmas it will be too late to order online in time for NYE.

Hi! How do you know for sure that Lidl will sell fireworks for NYE? I've contacted them a number of times regarding this and they are reluctant to say whether they will stock them. I don't know whether to wait and risk not getting any at all :( If Lidl don't sell after Christmas it will be too late to order online in time for NYE.
Normally all the supermarkets sell again for New Year's, sometimes a new delivery or what's left over from Bonfire.

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
I’m all but certain, they always have done before, about half the supermarkets do each year so there’ll always be somewhere but Lidl is a safe bet :) they’re always very cagey about information, as are all the supermarkets tbh

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
They’ve got much more than that, Taunton was nearly fully stocked today, that’s their offers leaflet, a few items there are better than half price :)

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
That's the only leaflet in mine, and all they had in the cabinets, it is a B store though.
I think Taunton is as well, I expect they sold well at bonfire night then could only get a certain amount of stock in, whereas Taunton is not a very big pyro area, probably because of the crash on the M5 in 2011

Nothing in my local Buyology today and a half full cabinet in the Range but not selling today. I was only going to pick up some stuff for storing away so not too bothered.

seb7535

Peasant the 2nd
Picked up some 5 alive rockets from Chaplins Plymouth today. Still have a good selection but sadly for me they were out of fairy dust mibe cakes :(

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
Picked up some 5 alive rockets from Chaplins Plymouth today. Still have a good selection but sadly for me they were out of fairy dust mibe cakes :(
In contrast to taunton then, the stock there was pretty low, I’m hoping they might’ve brought a few bits up when I, ahem, pop in again tomorrow... lol

I had a look at the local supermarkets and the only one selling was Tesco. The few seasonal sellers only had very limited stock, i.e. 3-4 cakes, shot tubes and a couple of packs of rockets. Not very exciting