Information Supermarket Thread Posting Guide - Please Read

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Hi Everyone :)

The Supermarket fireworks forum is a big part of seasonal traditions, and I think we all agree that it's a very valuable resource for both new members and the seasoned pyromaniacs amongst us to chat and discuss the seasonal sales and to point out good products to get for our stashes. However, last year 1 or 2 threads did take a path that meant worthwhile feedback and comments were hidden by posts of a less informative nature and that in some cases caused some unnecessary aggravation between members. With this in mind, here's a few things we can all do to ensure our supermarket section remains the best and most useful of its type out there :)

Please do post about the following:
  • Share leaflets - we love to see what the nationals are stocking!
  • Share previous experiences and opinions - say what you thought of the products you brought and the service you received
  • Share your purchases from a retailer - who doesn't like a stash shot!
  • Advise on good buys from the current range of products - this speaks for itself
  • Ask any questions about recommendations or other relevant topics - we will do our best to help in any way we can :)
Consider avoiding:
  • Being over persistent about leaflets or similar - if members have this information then they will post it in the relevant thread whenever they can
  • Criticising other people's purchases - people spend good money on their fireworks and are happy to share their buys with us, so we should be complimentary towards them and respect their choices
  • Making general negative comments - everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you have had a bad experience then please do share it, but general comments such as "supermarket fireworks are rubbish" are not overly informative
Most of all though, enjoy the supermarket section and if you have any questions or concerns please raise them with admin/mods using the report button or through private conversation :)

Kind Regards
Admin/Mod team

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
That’s a nice post mate and very informative to anyone who maybe isn’t sure on supermarket fireworks.

I’ve always believed that you can get a decent supermarket stash, it just depends on where you go and what you buy. I’d definitely recommend having a look on this forum first before you buy as there’s
more than enough people here to point you in the right direction.

As always, roll on BFN and never pay over the odds for your pyro

Reactions: Fire cracker
Sep 27, 2019
earth
Maybe include a guide
£10 budget, selection box and finale
£20 budget, selection box finale and rockets/other finale pieces at £10
£40 budget, at this budget the £20 budget and the choice is yours, then show!
£60-100 shop around

Fire cracker

Noble the 3rd
Oct 22, 2020
lake's Cumbria.
Hi Everyone :)

The Supermarket fireworks forum is a big part of seasonal traditions, and I think we all agree that it's a very valuable resource for both new members and the seasoned pyromaniacs amongst us to chat and discuss the seasonal sales and to point out good products to get for our stashes. However, last year 1 or 2 threads did take a path that meant worthwhile feedback and comments were hidden by posts of a less informative nature and that in some cases caused some unnecessary aggravation between members. With this in mind, here's a few things we can all do to ensure our supermarket section remains the best and most useful of its type out there :)

Please do post about the following:
  • Share leaflets - we love to see what the nationals are stocking!
  • Share previous experiences and opinions - say what you thought of the products you brought and the service you received
  • Share your purchases from a retailer - who doesn't like a stash shot!
  • Advise on good buys from the current range of products - this speaks for itself
  • Ask any questions about recommendations or other relevant topics - we will do our best to help in any way we can :)
Consider avoiding:
  • Being over persistent about leaflets or similar - if members have this information then they will post it in the relevant thread whenever they can
  • Criticising other people's purchases - people spend good money on their fireworks and are happy to share their buys with us, so we should be complimentary towards them and respect their choices
  • Making general negative comments - everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you have had a bad experience then please do share it, but general comments such as "supermarket fireworks are rubbish" are not overly informative
Most of all though, enjoy the supermarket section and if you have any questions or concerns please raise them with admin/mods using the report button or through private conversation :)

Kind Regards
Admin/Mod team
Well said!... I personally love my supermarkets for there deals. I always add to my stash. Running round them all. can't fault them atall.

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
T

True, the fireworks in a supermarket are made to a cheaper poorer thinner weaker CE specification to get the price down which the supermarkets mark up.
It's a big shame as the supermarkets aren't great value now as they was decent value a few years ago like the asda 2015 range slot of people liked the higher quality of the boxes and cakes

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro