Supermarket Halloween Ales 2017

Halloween is always a great time for that seasonal tipple of unique novelty ales which capture that taste of a dark, spooky evening.

A lot of the supermarket seasonal ales are not that well advertised so I though I would start up this thread. Pictures will follow eventually but this is what I have seen so far:

Aldi -

Hobgoblin gold - £1.29 (Normal Hobgoblin gold but with the "unofficial beer of Halloween" plastic wrap branding over it)

(Hopefully this year they will have the Hobgoblin steak crisps again)

Morrisons -

Wychwood Pumpking

and 1 other I don't quite remember the name of.

*All 3 of these ales at Morrison's were on the shelf near the real ale, no prices on the front and I was in too much of a rush to ask*

Last post on this thread as it looks like we are not going to get many more offerings.

Aldi do have "Dunkel fester" (https://www.aldi.co.uk/wychwood-dunkel-fester/p/068163020501800) £1.29 a bottle which isn't bad for 4.4% (sad to see the price has gone up this year though). They are also selling hobgoblin and hobgoblin gold crisps (£1.19 for a 120g bag. Another price increase compared to other years). A good deal there, while not specifically Halloween is the 12 ale box (wychwood) for £13.99. Very good deal IMO.

Other supermarkets I checked such as Tesco only have the typical hobgoblin and hobgoblin gold in the "unofficial beer of halloween" plastic wrapping. Lidl are a no show with Halloween ales as of yet (checked yesterday), but I expect them to have Wychwood pumpking for 99p or £1.19 a bottle.

Keep your eyes peeled for "Old spirited hen" by Morland brewery. Ideal for both Halloween and fireworks night. Quite a nice toffee apple style ale.

Just an added heads up....

Morrisons have now reduced their Halloween ales. Pumpking and Gangly ghoul to £1 a bottle. (The shipyard Halloween ale is still the same price).

Lidl - No show really as before regarding fair priced Halloween beers, however they do have bottles of a Saddlers ale (Warlocks brew? Something like that anyway). Priced around £1.49 for a 500ml bottle which is a total ripoff.