1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supermarket Halloween Ales 2017

Discussion in 'Supermarket Halloween' started by FireworksDude86, Sep 19, 2017.

1. FireworksDude86

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd

Halloween is always a great time for that seasonal tipple of unique novelty ales which capture that taste of a dark, spooky evening.

A lot of the supermarket seasonal ales are not that well advertised so I though I would start up this thread. Pictures will follow eventually but this is what I have seen so far:

Aldi -

Hobgoblin gold - £1.29 (Normal Hobgoblin gold but with the "unofficial beer of Halloween" plastic wrap branding over it)

(Hopefully this year they will have the Hobgoblin steak crisps again)

Morrisons -
    [​IMG]

Wychwood Pumpking

and 1 other I don't quite remember the name of.

*All 3 of these ales at Morrison's were on the shelf near the real ale, no prices on the front and I was in too much of a rush to ask*

ravon likes this.
  2. FireworksDude86

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd

Disappointed by Morrison's. No individual halloween ale bay, no black witch (wychood) or blonde witch. Just price hikes for mostly mediocre Halloween ales.

Even pumpking is £1.25 there this year :O.

Went to Lidl and no Halloween ales yet. Will check out Aldi by end of week

Attached Files:

3. FireworksDude86

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd

Last post on this thread as it looks like we are not going to get many more offerings.

Aldi do have "Dunkel fester" (https://www.aldi.co.uk/wychwood-dunkel-fester/p/068163020501800) £1.29 a bottle which isn't bad for 4.4% (sad to see the price has gone up this year though). They are also selling hobgoblin and hobgoblin gold crisps (£1.19 for a 120g bag. Another price increase compared to other years). A good deal there, while not specifically Halloween is the 12 ale box (wychwood) for £13.99. Very good deal IMO.

Other supermarkets I checked such as Tesco only have the typical hobgoblin and hobgoblin gold in the "unofficial beer of halloween" plastic wrapping. Lidl are a no show with Halloween ales as of yet (checked yesterday), but I expect them to have Wychwood pumpking for 99p or £1.19 a bottle.

Keep your eyes peeled for "Old spirited hen" by Morland brewery. Ideal for both Halloween and fireworks night. Quite a nice toffee apple style ale.

zephieish likes this.
  4. FireworksDude86

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd

Just an added heads up....

Morrisons have now reduced their Halloween ales. Pumpking and Gangly ghoul to £1 a bottle. (The shipyard Halloween ale is still the same price).

Lidl - No show really as before regarding fair priced Halloween beers, however they do have bottles of a Saddlers ale (Warlocks brew? Something like that anyway). Priced around £1.49 for a 500ml bottle which is a total ripoff.