Supermarket Halloween 2016

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Supermarkets Halloween Poll

• Aldi

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Morrisons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tesco

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Asda

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Sainsburys

• Lidl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other DIY/Retailers - State below

• Total voters

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Ok, guys, I will officially start this thread off. Last year we saw a mixed feeling towards Halloween, to the likes of Tesco competing to Asda. and on another note Sainsbury's isn't far behind with Aldi and Lidl.

What are our halloween supermarkets predictions? Who will be the top dog from the rest.?

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I would also like to add, Seasonal Traditions will be covering all DIY and supermarkets chains this year on the main blog.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Asda have always had the biggest Halloween ranges with everything from pumpkin garlands to goodie bags sweets and cakes. ;)

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
But Tesco was not that far behind, they did have a nice selection last year.

vodkas

Peasant the 1st
Nov 1, 2015
when you see Halloween in asda you know fireworks will not be far behind

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Halloween as always been a big thing with Asda, and they were slow in setting them out last year, along with their fireworks and their leaflets.

However, with Tesco doing what they did, I'm sure they will be on their toes for this year and especially with the fireworks stand. :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Tesco was a good choice last year, We shall see who takes lead this year, as we could see Lidl aAldildi producing new stuff.
@Gaz cracking typo there :D good to see you admins are getting stuck in early this year :p

I'll be interested to see what tesco stock this year in our store, as it isn't very large there's never been a great range of stuff there. They've always been overshadowed by Asda and Sainsburys who have the biggest stores in town

Blackthorn

Noble
Sep 14, 2015
Well at my local Sainsbury's at least they had a nice range of stuff, in fact I think I was more impressed with them then Asda, which is weird as usually it's the other way around.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Well at my local Sainsbury's at least they had a nice range of stuff, in fact I think I was more impressed with them then Asda, which is weird as usually it's the other way around.
Asda is slacking, My Tesco was much better last year, I didn't bother with going to my local Sainsbury's, but I did see online.

Reactions: Blackthorn

Blackthorn

Noble
Sep 14, 2015
For me Asda used to be 'it' when it came to getting stuff for Halloween, but around here last years it was pretty awful. Too many repeats of old stuff, which I have to say didn't sell well the first time around let alone the second, where as Sainsbury's really seemed to try this year which surprised me I must say.
Having said that I did pick up loads of Asda bits and pieces when they were selling it off cheap including a load of dirt cheap battery powered old style lanterns which hopefully will be great for customizing in the future.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
We got our costumes from ASDA online, and mainly did our decorations shopping at Aldi last year, the vampire doorbell was fun. and the reaper sweet bowl lol.

Reminds me I'm going to sort through all the Halloween items I found last night. I do have to agree with you, ASDA was the top shop for Halloween. let us hope they pick up this year.

Reactions: Blackthorn

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
It's definitely between Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys for who's going to be the best this year, have to say though I agree with Blackthorn, Sainsburys were good last year and are ones to watch this time around

Reactions: gaz and Blackthorn

Gamet008

Peasant the 2nd
Mar 24, 2016
my expriance with asda has always been good. i will check out sainsburys and tesco this year