Supermarket Fireworks Selling Date

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

callistos

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 1, 2015
Do they have to sell from the 13th of October, I'm seeing Tesco selling them now. why have they for special permission?

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I'm intrigued how are they selling them in-store NOW? The normal sales period for Guy Fawkes Night sales is normally 15th October-10th November, and from 26th December-31st December for New Year's Eve firework sales-they can't be OFFICIALLY selling them now (as under Govt firework sales period legislation), my Tesco Extra doesn't have any on display or in stock at present, unless, and it's a very strange anomaly, it could well be for the Queen's 90th Birthday and special dispensation for this event has been given by the local authority for this purpose i.e. national celebrations being mooted at. Strange indeed. ;) OR.....and i am not sure if this is the case;they might be looking to all year sales (unlikely) if they have applied for an all year licence and somebody has seen within Tesco management that there is a market for all year sales, in fact you CAN order fireworks all year round from the Tesco website as kits, I wonder if somebody has tagged on to an opportunity for all-year firework sales in stores?

Last edited:
Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
callistos do you mean online? or in store, as my local has none fireworks instore. they don't sell fireworks in the store all year, only online.

callistos

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 1, 2015
I was on about online sorry for not putting that. this mean anthony they need a special licence to sell online?

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I was on about online sorry for not putting that. this mean anthony they need a special licence to sell online?
No, they don't need a licence to sell online, but there are checks in place to ensure fireworks are NOT sold to under 18's and they may require suitable ID from the purchaser on receipt of delivery to prove their age, or require an adult to sign for the delivery of the firework(s). ;)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
so they deliver? I have noticed they are expensive compare to a few shops
Yes they do deliver. There are a few people on here who say they're OVERPRICED giving you very little pyro for a lot of money;and looking at them, that's largely true to some degree. You're much better off with a decent all year retailer like Galactic Fireworks, go there Mod: (Find UK Fireworks For Sale Online Near You 2016 owner is good friend of mine Nigel Turver, he'll fix you up and sort you right with a decent selection of stuff and the prices are rather better too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

callistos

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 1, 2015
ok I was just looking seeing Tesco fireworks prompt me to ask questions that's all. I will keep that link in mind when I buy all my pyro in one go.