Megablast Fireworks Strike Force

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
As manufactured and sold by "Mega Blast" fireworks the box contains 34 fireworks. It claims the RRP is £149.99. They sell it on the website for £72 Here: Selection boxes

5 "Alien dreams" Fountains
8 Single shot Air Bomb style candles
9 Various "cakes"
4 Other Fountains
6 Rockets
2 Other Roman Candles

Overall, it's a soso pack. Personally I would say to pay no more than about £50. By all means it isn't a bad box, but just not great. Total NEC is something like 1.2kg.

Some Pics and vids:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Have to say, it's a bit disappointing when they duplicate items twice, but five times is just taking the Peanut Butter and Jelly!!
The rest of the box is a bit better, but i have to say the shot tubes are quite weak compared to most.
I did like the effect in the alien dreams fountain though, and also the small cake, missile cake and the whistling rocket seemed pretty good as well.
But price wise. Anyone who pays £150 for a box like this will be left looking like a japan in my Boxers and feeling very disappointed (sorry Dude86 if you did pay RRP for it, but its true (mind i doubt you did)). At £75 id still be very disappointed. Even £50 is too much really, bearing in mind that Bright Star Presidential and Esco Rio Grande boxes can be had for less than £50, and personally i think they're better boxes. Maybe £30 would be ok for it, but even then i'd look for an alternative.

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Yeah indeed. Although the Alien dreams fountain is quite nice so I didn't mind having 5 of those.

I agree with you there too, the shot tubes are definitely nowhere near as good as thing like deep space and drone attack.

It's just 1 of those typical boxes with a deliberately high RRP so the manufacturer and other shops can sell it at way less and claim it's a bargain. Got it for peanuts really so I can't complain.

The only thing that could make this box worth a bit more is if the other cakes are any good. I highly doubt it though since even though they are taller/wider than "Nuclear Blast", they feel suspiciously light so could be a case of big packaging, barely any pyro inside.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I agree, its a decent fountain, but five of them is just crap :rolleyes:
Do you have any spent items from the box still? It'd be quite interesting to see if it is overpackaged at all
RRP doesn't really mean much. The best way to judge a box is to get the NEC, then divide it by the number of pieces in the box to get an average NEC.
Of course, a small box from asda will have a low NEC, so size also needs to be taken into account :)

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
interesting. Over half the box hasn't been fired yet (mostly due bad weather here).

as soon as the wind and rain vanishes i will film the rest of the box. With those pieces I will include images of the spent fireworks so we can see.

I agree about rrp, but the average consumer can be fooled by it and think "wow, the rrp is £150, its on sale for £70, what a deal, gonna buy it"

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Unfortunately that is true. The average person will think they're getting a great deal
Will be interesting to see the spent ones, i've seen some terrible over-packaging in boxes before

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
I think I read somewhere ,that Megablast are the new Drd ,and looking at this box ,it does look similar to the drd stuff ,same names for instance.
Shame they put the stupid rrp on the box ,but I wish megablast well ,as competition should be good for consumers.
most selection boxes these days seem to have overpackaging ,best I can say for it is at least the fountains are less likely to fall over ,or at least need little support .

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
That would explain a lot about the duplicating, and the stupidly high rrp
I see what you mean with the overpackaging but i can't even say thats good really, because why not put a base on them and keep the packaging minimal, like weco do

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
i've had a look at what cossi said, and i reckon that this is a re-branded drd box that also goes by the name Strike Force

The old drd box:

Last edited:

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Great find there... It looks that is exactly the case of things.

Got another video. This was 1 of the possible cakes. Didn't get to inspect the bigger bits thoroughly, but now I realise they are all multi fountains. By all means not too bad... but the packaging may be misleading a little bit ("4 shots" and pictures of aerial fireworks all over the packaging). Just uploading that now with of course the spent packaging at the end of the vid

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Here it is... star burst (Could be thought of as a cake from packaging... but nope... fuse at top):

Then the spent firework inside (Must say it was... big packaging, small amounts of pyro):

Alas, after that the moaning neighbour came out and I had to postpone the rest until another day.

Not a bad fountain... Just a shame the packaging was sneaky

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
nice enough firework, and a good duration as well, but that overpackaging is terrible tbh, ridiculous amounts of air in it