Standard Or Tnt?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Which is the better brand?

• Standard

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • TNT

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
ok so i was looking on ukfr earlier and i saw in the asda thread that most people on there are recommending tesco fireworks over asda. They say that standard is much better than TNT. Speaking for myself only, i think standard has gone down hill fast the last few years, so i would rather get TNT. But what do you guys think? Which is the better cheap supermarket brand?

Pompeypyro

Noble the 1st
Oct 18, 2012
I don't think there's much in it really. Depends on the product. Eg deep strike shot tubes vs star Burst not much difference.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
If money isn't an issue then standard as the higher ticket items are generally better and the firestorm box is top notch.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
I cant really choose between them, they seem much the same to me really.

I think some of the larger items by standard are probably better than some of TNTs though.

Ive just picked up the £5 ASDA box and theres not much difference between this and the sainsburys box tbh.

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Standard as the firestorm box was top quality for the price but now I wouldn't buy any TNT or Standard both in my opinion are pretty Fudge Berries! for the price.

TNT fountains seem to be short lasting and don't spread out or go very high same for most the new Standard boxes. The cakes from both seem to be underpowered and again for the price you can get much better from Brothers and similar manufacturers :)

But if we're taking the old spec stuff into consideration Standard.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
the old spec stuff standard is better hands down, but yes on the newer stuff they are both close, and yes they are both quite crap :)
But in my opinion, the biggest difference is with tnt you can get the odd really decent piece for good value (eg. battlestar, champagne fountain) and standard just don't seem to have that

Reactions: berry1

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
tbh though if your just after a £5 box just to light in addition to the rest of your stash and dont think you could get anything better from another manufacturer for that price.

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Only because of Lidl I put TNT but wouldn't have voted if they didn't have the items they do
Cant your mum loves it believe lidl didn't stock the weco this year they going to miss out on a lot of business from firework enthusiasts!

I spent far to much on TNT boxes last year - lesson learnt lol.

Oct 16, 2013
Swansea
Cant your mum loves it believe lidl didn't stock the weco this year they going to miss out on a lot of business from firework enthusiasts!

I spent far to much on TNT boxes last year - lesson learnt lol.
It is a huge shame they didn't stock Weco this year. I haven't been there this year but the mother is picking up a few things tomorrow

Reactions: berry1

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Atleast they aren't going with the huge prices like some places sell TNT gear so it could be worse :) I will be just using the pyro I had left from last bfn because I had loads left lol. Bought that many TNT boxes that I wasn't able to fire half my bigger pieces last year so saved them for this year :D cant believe I didn't even fire my Godfather 3! insane.