ST Forum Meet 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
Not progressing too far unfortunately, it's getting hold of an appropriate site which is proving hard. Lots of places want several hundred pounds, even thousands. Insurance for once wouldn't be too much of a problem as it's a private event
Will there be appropriate insurance in place? How do you propose the evening will run? I may be able to help with this.

Will there be appropriate insurance in place? How do you propose the evening will run? I may be able to help with this.
Personally speaking ( i haven't discussed insurance with @Gaz yet) if insurance was a requirement of having access to the land then fine, but as even finding any land is proving very elusive it would have to be lower on the priority list atm. If and when we have a site, it would need looking at then as to whether we need insurance and to what extent, although ofc any help at all is greatly appreciated as both of us are struggling with available time atm, and i've been unwell recently too :)

Krony

Peasant the 2nd
Sorry been really busy lately, not sure on insurance costs because I have never dealt with that side of things before, I do know you can get single event insurance though.

BulletProofMum

ST Typo of the Year 2018 Winner!
Baronetess
Yes, we looked into thos for scouts and can get one off insurance. I'm not sure it's needed for private event, but I'd imagine many land owners would expect it in this scenario

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
It looks like this event has stalled into a rut and gone nowhere, if anything, I bet it's the insurance issue that has pulled up a stop to it, but, and it seems a bit strange, why do you need private event insurance for a small group of individuals setting off fireworks anyway?

Seems a bit of an extreme requirement doesn't it? If I was a landowner, and I ain't, I wouldn't ask for one off event insurance at all, and all I would ask for is a pre event risk assessment, and i'd come up with a set of reasonable fair rules applicable for the group using the land -

a) use your fireworks properly, safely, and sensibly, following all instructions carefully and appropriately, and aim rockets and aerial fireworks towards a specified fallout zone which I will set out according to wind direction i.e forum members upwind of the fireworks and aerial fallout from cakes / barrages / single ignition fireworks and compound multishot displays plus rockets and spent debris will fall in another space or field behind,

b) don't fire after 11pm,

c) keep the site tidy and don't leave any litter behind,

and finally d) burn up your litter / plastics / plastic food wrappings / drink bottles etc, spent fireworks cases, dud and misfired fireworks and fireworks packaging afterwards and I'll help you to do that too.

Surely, that is far more appropriate to a small group event than forking out for a one off event insurance we would never recoup back?

Still in today's age of 'where's there a blame there's a claim' culture, it's very sad but true that some landowners would demand insurance for such a small gathering. ;)

Last edited:

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
The sad reality is not many will take the chance of risk unless they are in some way rewarded for their complacency. Although fireworks are much safer than the general public seem to believe what has a land owner got to gain to the point that his nagging doubts are mitigated?

It’s nothing to do with insurance at this stage. It’s purely that we can’t find a suitable location in a suitable area, which won’t cost us 4-figure sums. That coupled with @Gaz being very busy with his house and me being equally busy with work and life in general which has thrown a few hurdles lol. I’d suggest that a meet before the end of this year is nigh on impossible now but we’re both very keen to do one at some point, so do stay tuned, even if it’s not a full private meet I do have some ideas for us to at least have a get together with some booze and a good lot of pyro still :)

Status
Not open for further replies.