Information ST Forum Meet 2019

This is still very much in the early planning stages, but @Gaz and I wanted to let everyone know that there is a forum meet in the pipeline for next year :) as soon as we can give more info, we will, but until then, please stick around and keep checking the forum, it would be great to get as many of us as possible. Location atm is likely to be in the Birmingham area as that's in easy reach whether travelling by train or by car, from south and north. Here's to hoping and we hope to be able to bring you more info soon :)

(meet is of course for all members, whether they're here for Halloween, Bonfire Night or Christmas, just posted here as this is the most active section)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
Birmingham isn't a problem, for that, it'll most probably be train travel for me, unless it's reasonably close to Birmingham centre if so, in which case I can use national express coach travel and get off at Digbeth.

I'll probably book a hotel in the area for that meet preferably affordable or budget and it will depend on where it is in Birmingham that it is. Will start saving some pennies after Chrimbo and New Year. Sounds interesting! ;)

Last edited:

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
Will likely be on the periphery of the city so we're able to have pyro without upsetting too many people lol. There's plenty of public transport options though :)
Then this will be most be most likely Solihull area or near Walsall on the eastern side of Birmingham most likely......National Express coaches do go thru Solihull into the city because I have been on them and I know this to be the case. ;)

Last edited:

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
You'll find plenty of accommodating places in Lichfield & Tamworth and the surrounding areas if you struggle in Brum.

I'll make a few calls soon, theres a few places I can think of.

Transport is not too much of an issue, a remote area is always best I reckon anyway.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
You'll find plenty of accommodating places in Lichfield & Tamworth and the surrounding areas if you struggle in Brum.

I'll make a few calls soon, theres a few places I can think of.

Transport is not too much of an issue, a remote area is always best I reckon anyway.
Remote areas are fine, but I will be arriving and leaving by public transport so needs to be in easy reach of train / bus / coach routes etc, if not then it'll be a case of "I can't make it and will miss out"...:(

Remote areas are fine, but I will be arriving and leaving by public transport so needs to be in easy reach of train / bus / coach routes etc, if not then it'll be a case of "I can't make it and will miss out"...:(
There's a train station within a couple of miles of nearly everywhere in the area mate, a nice stroll or a taxi later and you'll be at whatever location we find :)

@Somersetpyro I know this is in the planning stages but you think it would be bring tour own or would we put a kitty together to buy the fireworks
Most likely the first one mate, far less complicated way of doing things. I'd have to co ordinate it a little bit of course, not sure I or anyone else would want to spend all evening lighting selection boxes off lol, or loads of small bits, but otherwise I'd say people can bring what they want :) that will all be worked out though, so I will confirm once it's been discussed properly

@Joe ciabatti we'll give you an evening off firing after the selection box shoot I think, i'd rather you don't nearly blow your head off with a shot tube this time ;):ROFLMAO:

Most likely the first one mate, far less complicated way of doing things. I'd have to co ordinate it a little bit of course, not sure I or anyone else would want to spend all evening lighting selection boxes off lol, or loads of small bits, but otherwise I'd say people can bring what they want :) that will all be worked out though, so I will confirm once it's been discussed properly

@Joe ciabatti we'll give you an evening off firing after the selection box shoot I think, i'd rather you don't nearly blow your head off with a shot tube this time ;):ROFLMAO:
Keep me off the stellas!