spending to much on kids christmas

When i was young my parents bought us what they could afford and we loved it.Now people are getting so much into debt there losing there cars and house for example i know someone who spent four thousand pounds on her 4 yr old that's crazy.Kids are spoilt and every year they expect better and more how much is enough let me know what you think.

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
Welcome to the forum ebenezea scrooge.

It was same for when I was younger, we could have 1 year were we did good with money, and the following year we could only have a few Christmas presents. All depending on what my parents could afford.

Could i ask what on earth do you spend 4k on a 4-year-old. I do find that extremely too much. Max, i have spent on my children is around 400. But that because we aim for the main present and small stocking fillers and for the fact prices of toys are too expensive.

I was just saying to one of my family members last week, kids today have no respect for anyone. When we were growing up you always respected your elders, and TBH, i still do and this is what i am raising my children up to do.

I mean you cannot walk out your front door without a group of kids with foul language thrown around.

ravon

Noble the 2nd
i have to be honest here in my current state I wouldn't dream of spending 4k per child I have 5 so this would be a small fortune 4 me but if i was filthy Rich id like to say i wouldn't but I think I probably would I think it depends on your situation I defo only do what i can afford to do no more no less. I start xmas shopping early plus save with parks I order around 1000 love to shop in total I spend around 2000 between 5 kids works out to about 400 each which sounds alot but the price of toys these days that bearly fills a bag

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
I don't have kids, and i'm not planning on having any anytime soon, however when and if i do I will not be spending £4k on them! That's madness, my parents were and still are very generous at christmas, but not to that extent lol

Fairywings

Peasant the 2nd
When i was young my parents bought us what they could afford and we loved it.Now people are getting so much into debt there losing there cars and house for example i know someone who spent four thousand pounds on her 4 yr old that's crazy.Kids are spoilt and every year they expect better and more how much is enough let me know what you think.
these days there is so much more to choose from and competitive market means you spend more. I personally have gone over the top but i wait for the 3 for 2 offers in Argos toys and saved a fortune