1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparklers - British Vs Imported Which Do You Think Were Best?

Discussion in 'Fireworks Chat And Discussion' started by AnthonyUKpyro, Feb 2, 2018.

?

Which sparklers do you think we're best?

1. British made : bright, lots of hot sparks, good duration, nice British made smell

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Imported : reasonable, not quite as consistent for quality, slightly quicker duration, bit smoky

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Wizard the 3rd

I liked the British ones made by Standard Brock's and other British manufacturers like Octavius Hunt Interstella because they were bright hot and had a quality safety reliability and a penchant for consistency with barely any unpleasant smoke but had a lovely smell and a quality that the Chinese ones didn't quite get to the standard of.

The Malaysian made ones by Feistel Benwell tried to emulate the British made sparklers quite well with similar attributes of the British made ones but smelt nasty even though the sparks duration and quality was almost as good as the British ones produced by UK manufacturers.

So over to you, imported or British?

2. Somersetpyro Moderator

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th

Not sure i've ever used a british made one, i'm not old enough, or if I did it was when I was very young. So I can only say chinese having known no different