Smaller fanned pieces.

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
This year I plan on having a heavily fanned display. As the show starts I shall fire smaller cakes as an angled pair, I also have celtic candles which I will fire in a fanned pattern. I am after recommendations on smaller fans that are good value for money, these will be used in the first half of the display.

I am thinking along the lines of Tai Pans Screaming Eagles, Epic's Moving Target, Tracer Bullet and Mighty Mouse, Black Cat's Sky Jacks, Standard's Arctic Fire, Bright Star's Area 51 and so on.

I already have some larger Firework King, Evolution, Sky Crafter and Celtic fanned items so i'm really after pieces that will build up to the larger stuff.

Skycrafter do 3 Pronged Attack, which looks very nice, then there’s Battle of Midway which speaks for itself really. Zeus do one called Whistling Waves too which is nice. On the bigger side, definitely try and add a Blue Lagoon or 3 from Hallmark, incredible cakes! Also, Dark Knights and it’s sister cake who’s name has left me (it is early lol) from Star Jigsaw have bursts that are simply massive, I mean jaw droppiny huge :)

Skycrafter do 3 Pronged Attack, which looks very nice, then there’s Battle of Midway which speaks for itself really. Zeus do one called Whistling Waves too which is nice. On the bigger side, definitely try and add a Blue Lagoon or 3 from Hallmark, incredible cakes! Also, Dark Knights and it’s sister cake who’s name has left me (it is early lol) from Star Jigsaw have bursts that are simply massive, I mean jaw droppiny huge :)
generally for battle of midway do you need a lot of space? i know it's listed as 8m but always worried when it comes to fanned cakes for the garden lol

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
generally for battle of midway do you need a lot of space? i know it's listed as 8m but always worried when it comes to fanned cakes for the garden lol
Battle Of Midway is NOT suitable at all for a back garden, it realistically needs 15 metres spectator distance due to the size of it's pyrotechnic spread.

It's one of those weird ones where you need more space widthways than you do spectator distance. It's bursts aren't overly large, certainly no bigger than any other 20mm cake, but as Ant says that fan is surprisingly wide :)

It's one of those weird ones where you need more space widthways than you do spectator distance. It's bursts aren't overly large, certainly no bigger than any other 20mm cake, but as Ant says that fan is surprisingly wide :)
surprised it's listed as 8m and a garden firework but it's definitely not massive! :) thanks anyway! bring on BFN 2019!! haha

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
Skycrafter's 3 Pronged Attack looks pretty hard to come across these days. I had Bright Star's Battle of Midway for BFN and it far surpassed my expectations. Whistling Waves by Zeus looks pretty unique although short-lived. Hallmark's Blue Lagoon is on my shopping list along with Thriller and Night Passion. Thanks for the suggestions. I had to check out Jigsaws Dark Knights as I was unfamiliar with it, again it is short-lived but it certainly makes up for it in burst size. That's another one for the list!

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
I believe Hollybush sells 3 Pronged Attack!
I had less than an hour there before the store closed and there was a lot to take in! Only once I had left and had the chance to research a few fireworks via YouTube did I realise I had missed a few good buys. I regret not picking up Skycrafters Deception for £21 and Tri-Fawkes for £22.50 both of which are fanned. Unfortunately the 25% sale came to an end that night...

I forgot about Tri-Fawkes, bit of a classic which I’ve never had. Deception is a nice piece, never knew it was fanned (1.3g too). It’s in Latifs 2018 brochure.

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
Here's another one for the collection, At £20 it is larger than expected. The images online suggest this piece is a standard square shaped cake but as you can see it is most definitely fanned. The effects include some nice colours if the video footage is anything to go by.

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
It has just dawned on me that Sky Crafters 'Deception' looks to be Sky Crafters 'Wisdom' from their 'Supremacy' barrage set under a different name! Seeing as I already have the Supremacy box I potentially have the same piece twice ... :oops:

For comparison 'Wisdom' is fired at 4:20 in the video below.

Interestingly Deception lasts 25 seconds and Wisdom seems to last 40 seconds. Is it exactly the same piece I wonder?

I think they are the same, just fused differently. The one in the pack is clearly designed to be part of the pack, whereas deception fires quicker with the final 5 shots at once for a finale. Although the first video may be chinese footage, in which case they could be the same lol

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
I agree that they do appear to be the same firework. The fact they may be fused differently means I can't really risk firing them as a pair and they are too similar to be included within the same show. That said if anybody locally wants to trade a piece that they are struggling to place then by all means send me a PM, failing that I think it could end up at the 2019 forum meet!