Site improvments

i know there already is videos of some of the fireqworks but for people stumbling across this site having a section dedicated to videos would be good it gives non firework people better idea what to buy i am hopiing all fireworks i get this year to record and upload for anyone on this to use freely :)

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
The video section was removed because there was one single post in it lol. If people want to post videos they normally do so with reviews so where the review section is there will be videos :) Not much of a point in having the same videos duplicated in another section.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
berry1 said:
The video section was removed because there was one single post in it lol. If people want to post videos they normally do so with reviews so where the review section is there will be videos :) Not much of a point in having the same videos duplicated in another section.
Yeah definitely. The review section is the best place then we get to learn all the details as well as see it in action.

ywes i like the review section but its not best layout for general non euthaist to look they want one post thats at the top with videos of all the fireworks in one post

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Well I find forums always have limitations, the main web site should be updated though because the I know tesco fireworks for 2012 are not on there yet.

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
andrewcrawford said:
ywes i like the review section but its not best layout for general non euthaist to look they want one post thats at the top with videos of all the fireworks in one post
I see your point, But the review section helps none enthusiasts and as well as enthusiasts, when information becomes available, If you wish to post in the review section you need to keep to the layout, If there isn't much information on that firework you're posting, you only need to put N/A next to the field and it will get updated as time goes on.

I did remove the old video category, as berry pointed out it wasn't going anywhere basically. The review section is good it take time to get used to :).

pyro-rob said:
Well I find forums always have limitations, the main web site should be updated though because the I know tesco fireworks for 2012 are not on there yet.
yes i understand the blog needs updating, But with us all been busy sorting the forum, the blog is on the back burner, I will from now to the next few days update the blog :)

maybe a wat forward in the future once the review section has most videos is to post a sticky thread on each supermarket page with video of each i saee this forum being better for people with no knowledge next year i will do soime google check see how SEO the site is esicpally the foerum

sorry poor spelling im dsylexic and wee ones are determined to sit on me
[hr]
Fud said:
andrewcrawford said:
I see your point, But the review section helps none enthusiasts and as well as enthusiasts, when information becomes available, If you wish to post in the review section you need to keep to the layout, If there isn't much information on that firework you're posting, you only need to put N/A next to the field and it will get updated as time goes on.

I did remove the old video category, as berry pointed out it wasn't going anywhere basically. The review section is good it take time to get used to :).

pyro-rob said:
yes i understand the blog needs updating, But with us all been busy sorting the forum, the blog is on the back burner, I will from now to the next few days update the blog :)
dnt worry about the blog just make sure there a link to the invidual forums for eahc thing because tesco and homebase aint there so some might think they dnt have any but saying tha there offering is crap

get teh forum right first it got more potential than the blog

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
andrewcrawford said:
maybe a wat forward in the future once the review section has most videos is to post a sticky thread on each supermarket page with video of each i saee this forum being better for people with no knowledge next year i will do soime google check see how SEO the site is esicpally the foerum

ok but why do seo?

When we have details and videos of the supermarket fireworks we will post them on the review section and the supermarket thread :) so you can see the firework live and read more information about it

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Yes :) this is why the forum got set up, i am hopefully going to make all future supermarket leaflet visible on the forum only, not the blog, the future blog is only going to be used, for articles, reviews, ect.
andrewcrawford said:

[hr]
Fud said:
andrewcrawford said:

pyro-rob said:
dnt worry about the blog just make sure there a link to the invidual forums for eahc thing because tesco and homebase aint there so some might think they dnt have any but saying tha there offering is crap

get teh forum right first it got more potential than the blog

Fud said:
andrewcrawford said:

ok but why do seo?

When we have details and videos of the supermarket fireworks we will post them on the review section and the supermarket thread :) so you can see the firework live and read more information about it
SEO is always good to do as i really think now you have the forum this site has real potetnial for your every day firework shopper they can know what there getting and work out there best value for money,

not sure i am picking oyu up right but do you mean in the say asda leaflet put links to the review section that has information on them particular fireworks? would be a good idea if that what you are meaning

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
I Mean, Say for example. New thread title (Asda firework leaflet 2013) in the post, There will be pictures of the fireworks like it is now. and then there will be a links to the review section on the brand asda will be selling, So if asda sells tnt again that year, Rockets, barrage, ect They will be hot link to that brand :)
andrewcrawford said:
Fud said:
andrewcrawford said:

ok but why do seo?

SEO is always good to do as i really think now you have the forum this site has real potetnial for your every day firework shopper they can know what there getting and work out there best value for money,

not sure i am picking oyu up right but do you mean in the say asda leaflet put links to the review section that has information on them particular fireworks? would be a good idea if that what you are meaning