Black Cat Fireworks Sidewinder

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Very nice for cat 2! I assume they're 1.3g?
Seem similar to 5 Alive by brothers, which i like very much, would be good if you could get these for about £10

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Very nice for cat 2! I assume they're 1.3g?
Seem similar to 5 Alive by brothers, which i like very much, would be good if you could get these for about £10
I think they are 1.3G;it said Flash Rockets on the pack header in the clip, and tbh imho these are far far better than the crappy soft limp and pathetic performing puff rockets of many manufacturers with a lifeless phut, mediocre starburst and flat uninspiring performance. ;)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Yes, they are much better than normal rockets, i was only wondering because i've never seen any 1.3g rockets that were less than 25m safety distance
But i suppose some of the smaller 1.3g rockets could come under that new CE cat 2 regulations

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Yes, they are much better than normal rockets, i was only wondering because i've never seen any 1.3g rockets that were less than 25m safety distance
But i suppose some of the smaller 1.3g rockets could come under that new CE cat 2 regulations
Great performance 1.3G rockets are coming to CE Cat 2 8m classification and that's good, all this taboo about retailers not being able to sell 1.3G fireworks in regular high street shops to the public i.e the March 2008 changes to explosives regulations, is rapidly fading away and is being swept under the carpet under this new European Standard (and long may it continue!), it can only be good for us firework lovers. ;)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
May be good for us, but may not be so good for 'Joe Public'. Cause tbh i wouldn't want to use these, or the 5 Alives at less than 15m.
As i've pointed out previously, the regs changes could prove to be hazardous if people don't know the products they're buying

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
May be good for us, but may not be so good for 'Joe Public'. Cause tbh i wouldn't want to use these, or the 5 Alives at less than 15m.
As i've pointed out previously, the regs changes could prove to be hazardous if people don't know the products they're buying
I wouldnt personally be frightened or worried at using ANY small to medium 1.3G flash rockets under EC Standard Cat 2 8m guise at all;the larger ones available, to me anyway, would be more of a concern and a worry, than piddling little Cat 2 8m flash rockets under 1.3G classification.

All you need do is make sure the supplied launchtube in the pack is firmly inserted in the ground or inserted into a deep pot of earth/soil/sand and angle it well away from people, trees, buildings and other hazards or overhead obstructions (as cossi has done).

And before you light, it's a good idea to check that they can lift off freely out of the tube by lifting it with your finger, once this is ok light the fuse at arm's length, stand back at 8m away and enjoy NO WORRIES. ;)

Last edited:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
It's not the rocket not lifting or firing the wrong direction, as i previously stated in another thread its the spread of debris