Selection Boxes

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Tom Win

Peasant the 2nd
Sep 29, 2021
Inverness
I’d just get the presidential tbh, or if you wanted some real good quality you could get a Gold box, cake and a pack of rockets at Wyevale for a little over £50 depending exactly what you went for, which is good value and will almost certainly be better than anything Morrisons can provide :)
Morrison's goliath box had about 1200 grams for 50 quid idk if that is being sold this year £50 Olympian had about 920

Oct 7, 2012
I like the retro look on the standard boxes

Initially the plan was no bonfire party this year but managed to tuck away £40 quid
So it's going to be supermarket based so I'll see where I'll be going this year

Jacko2002

Peasant the 1st
Oct 14, 2020
Nottingham
I like the retro look on the standard boxes

Initially the plan was no bonfire party this year but managed to tuck away £40 quid
So it's going to be supermarket based so I'll see where I'll be going this year
I loved the look of the Standard boxes between 2007 and 2011, before they went super vintage. Always remember walking past them when going into Tesco with my mum and spending most the time I was there looking at them!

Declan

Noble the 1st
Sep 17, 2014
I loved the look of the Standard boxes between 2007 and 2011, before they went super vintage. Always remember walking past them when going into Tesco with my mum and spending most the time I was there looking at them!
What style were they during these years mate? My favourite look was the "Comet" range which Asda did which I think may have been around 2000. I remember my Dad getting the smallest box in that range which was Comet Dust. It cost about £3 at the time or something like that. The fireworks cabinets were always jam packed with super colourful fireworks and there was always a queue of people waiting to buy them. The good old days when supermarket fireworks were actually pretty decent wherever you went. How times have changed!

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
What style were they during these years mate? My favourite look was the "Comet" range which Asda did which I think may have been around 2000. I remember my Dad getting the smallest box in that range which was Comet Dust. It cost about £3 at the time or something like that. The fireworks cabinets were always jam packed with super colourful fireworks and there was always a queue of people waiting to buy them. The good old days when supermarket fireworks were actually pretty decent wherever you went. How times have changed!
I gave a Comet Spectacular box in my collection.

Reactions: SilberWirbel

Declan

Noble the 1st
Sep 17, 2014
I gave a Comet Spectacular box in my collection.

I've viewed your video several times ... haha! Absolutely amazing box. I picked a couple up a few years back from Galactic but was foolish enough to fire them both; I'm full of regrets now!

Very little window packaging and incredible selection of different fireworks which is what a selection box should all be about. Don't think we'll ever see a box of that quality selling in a supermarket again sadly.

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
I've viewed your video several times ... haha! Absolutely amazing box. I picked a couple up a few years back from Galactic but was foolish enough to fire them both; I'm full of regrets now!

Very little window packaging and incredible selection of different fireworks which is what a selection box should all be about. Don't think we'll ever see a box of that quality selling in a supermarket again sadly.
You're damn right, it's a quality box! Thanks for looking at my vids!

Reactions: Declan

Jacko2002

Peasant the 1st
Oct 14, 2020
Nottingham
So they were a pretty simple style, it was during the time Standard brought out the Firestorm Box, normally just the title with the big guy fawkes on the corner of the box and each box was a different colour. We used to get them from Tesco, it was the Freestyle box we used to get, think it was yellow. The other designs I remember was when the packaging was very glitzy/sparkly with silver writing on the front. That might’ve been a few years before actually. But definitely after the Comet Dust box era.

Reactions: Declan