Selection Boxes

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Taken from the Sainsburys thread

Just been having a look at the Frankenstein fountain, 67g NEC so can't be bad? Saves us going to asda as well. And as Chaplins cocked up our selection box plans we might add one from sainsburys, question is 2x Utopia or 1 Midnight Blitz?

Last edited:

Kamran saeed dabaei

Wizard the 1st
Sep 12, 2014
Just been having a look at the Frankenstein fountain, 67g NEC so can't be bad? Saves us going to asda as well. And as Chaplins cocked up our selection box plans we might add one from sainsburys, question is 2x Utopia or 1 Midnight Blitz?
they are pretty similar boxes. both 7 fountains. utopia has more shot tubes. blitz has more cakes and has a mine. looking at picture of the contents on the leaflet and based on whats in it i would say midnight blitz because utopia looks abit bellow average

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Similar in terms of quantity, but MB has visibly larger fireworks in it, whereas Utopia is smaller, but we can get twice as much (or add the cake for a fiver). Only thing I'm weary of is if there's any cat 1 fountains in MB, I know there is in Utopia, but we won't get MB if there's cat1 in it

Kamran saeed dabaei

Wizard the 1st
Sep 12, 2014
Similar in terms of quantity, but MB has visibly larger fireworks in it, whereas Utopia is smaller, but we can get twice as much (or add the cake for a fiver). Only thing I'm weary of is if there's any cat 1 fountains in MB, I know there is in Utopia, but we won't get MB if there's cat1 in it
there are three small fountains that look like cat 1 but utopia looks alot worse. if u can stretch your bdget i would just get midnight blitz. some decent cakes

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Not really stretching the budget, just getting something larger for the same money. This is difficult, MB looks better but it would be nice to have a spare box to fire on the run up (so the rest is untouched lol). Will have to think about this one carefully I think...

Kamran saeed dabaei

Wizard the 1st
Sep 12, 2014
Not really stretching the budget, just getting something larger for the same money. This is difficult, MB looks better but it would be nice to have a spare box to fire on the run up (so the rest is untouched lol). Will have to think about this one carefully I think...
lots of small fountains. i would recommend midnight blitz.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
We'll have to see what we go for, as Vlad just pointed out as well, the Vintage box is another possibility
As, actually, is the Mega Party box at Asda? @Kamran saeed dabaei you had that didn't you, any good?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Grab a carnival selection box from the range I would say same price
Trouble with that box J is that it's mainly just small fountains and candles, some of which are in the £5 Monster box. Not much variety in it.

Thanks kamran, think we'll eliminate that one then :)
I'll move this convo to it's own thread now, gone off topic a bit :)

Kamran saeed dabaei

Wizard the 1st
Sep 12, 2014
Trouble with that box J is that it's mainly just small fountains and candles, some of which are in the £5 Monster box. Not much variety in it.

Thanks kamran, think we'll eliminate that one then :)
I'll move this convo to it's own thread now, gone off topic a bit :)
where will we move it to