Seasonal Traditions Christmas Countdown!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Hey all, thought it would be nice if we can all try and post something Christmas related in here each day and have our own countdown to Christmas!

Simply add the "days to go" to your post and note anything christmas related you have experienced. Hopefully we can keep this up until the big day !

santadance:**49 Days to Go**santadance:

So Il get the (snow)ball rolling, I witnessed loads of people talking about the new John Lewis christmas advert this morning featuring #Montythepenguin. I was hoping to try and stop myself from watching until tomorrow during its premiere but couldnt resist the urge and just watched it. I lovee it, brilliant advert once again by John Lewis. That song is going to get in everyones heads come christmas.

Also, walked through town today and Liverpool One has some amazing new decorations. We have three massive reindeers this year along with 2 massive "wire" style christmas trees with big red baubles. The Ice festival is also looking amazing and I saw (& smelt) my first real christmas trees of the year ;)

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Hopefully we will all have something Christmas related to post each day, especially with the adverts beginning and the shops full of chirstmas stuff. Not long to go now!

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Missed a day out :(

**46 days to go**

So I went into town earlier to have a look at it all lit up, it looked fantastic! Was soooo busy though so never managed to get any pics sorry will deffinitly get some soon though.

A nice touch this year is that they are turning them off all day tomorrow as a mark of respect for remembrance sunday :)

Also had my first costa festive drink too!

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
nice dan :)
it's really good that liverpool is paying respects to armistice day by turning the lights off , we cannot forget what those men did for our country.
We were gonna have a few fireworks tomorrow for my grandfather's birthday, but we've moved them to monday, didn't think it appropriate

Reactions: Dan12

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
nice dan :)
it's really good that liverpool is paying respects to armistice day by turning the lights off , we cannot forget what those men did for our country.
We were gonna have a few fireworks tomorrow for my grandfather's birthday, but we've moved them to monday, didn't think it appropriate
Yeah thats a good idea, doing them on Monday :)

And it is a nice touch!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
hopefully you can get a picture of the lights, i'd like to see them :)
and as another little touch, i've changed my avatar to the current one until tuesday.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Will do one night next week hopefully!

The reindeer and Christmas trees which are in a wire/ bright white LED type of effect look fantastic.

The following clip shows a bit of the launch lantern parade (yesterday) and you get to see the nice reindeers and trees too ;)

Have to admit though, having seen them myself tonight, they look a lot more impressive (and larger) in real life!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
so we visited otter nurseries today near honiton, and looked around the vast range of christmas stuff they've got there.
and we picked up some new icicle lights for outside and some baubles as well :)

Reactions: gaz

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Good stuff :)

Had my first look through the B&Q Christmas range instore today, some nice stuff, most of its really overpriced tho!

Recorded The Polar Express, was going to watch it tonight but no time so Il save it for sometime next week :)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
We all watched the santa clause this evening. One with Tim Allen. Wife found it on sky movies.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
it still feels early for christmas movies, december 1st is when christmas starts in my mind, not less tham a week after BFN!

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
it still feels early for christmas movies, december 1st is when christmas starts in my mind, not less tham a week after BFN!
Im well in the Christmas spirit, I like to spread it out as much as possible so like to start watching films now etc ;)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
i love christmas a lot, and i love decorations, but i just think it kills christmas when everything happens 2 months before

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Not done a lot Christmas related over the last few days however we did watch Home Alone on Monday though :)

Had a look through lots of the christmas brochures (sainsburys, asda, and Ikea sent me one too!)

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Took a couple of pics of some of our lights earlier.

Can't wait til they put up the massive tree, doesnt look half as good without it:)
image.jpg
lights.jpeg

They dont look a patch on real life though