sainsburys free firework offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few years ,Sainsburys have done an offer where you spend £15 and get a free pack of fireworks . Last year they offered a very nice pack of tnt pyro. I made a little vid ,as I think it was a good deal.
I actually made 2,1 with the pyro going off and 1 without .
the first vid is without the pyro . remember this was last year,(2012) and I don't know if they will do this again.

Last edited by a moderator:
just been to sainsburys, got the vampire and enchanted fountains. looking at the explosive content of each, I don't have high hopes for either.
the free pack this year looks like 3 fountains and 2 multishots.
asked the guy why they changed from tnt, said they had loads of complaints and this year the standard stuff is better.
last year I asked why they changed from standard to tnt, they said they had loads of complaints about the standard fireworks. Perhaps sainsburys were charging too much for both.

cossi said:
just been to sainsburys, got the vampire and enchanted fountains. looking at the explosive content of each, I don't have high hopes for either.
asked the guy why they changed from tnt, said they had loads of complaints and this year the standard stuff is better.
last year I asked why they changed from standard to tnt, they said they had loads of complaints about the standard fireworks. Perhaps sainsburys were charging too much for both.
cool. keep updated on how well they go mate and if they are any good and also the free packs ? normally the voucher is in daily mail or mirror and can see the voucher this year :/

Cigar

Noble the 3rd
I still have one of last years free packs:

It was actually better than expected.

cossi, do you know how much you have to spend to get the free pack of fireworks this year? You didn't happen to get a photo did you?

c1gar said:

cossi, do you know how much you have to spend to get the free pack of fireworks this year? You didn't happen to get a photo did you?
i like that pack but the tall long one i was disappointed by it

Cigar

Noble the 3rd
MrRaMPageZz said:
cossi said:
cool. keep updated on how well they go mate and if they are any good and also the free packs ? normally the voucher is in daily mail or mirror and can see the voucher this year :/
The voucher was in the papers on October 27th last year, so maybe we have to wait a couple of weeks. The date can be seen on the paper in cossi's video (I took a screenshot and circled it in yellow):

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
I thought this pack was really good last year for 'free' or even for a £15 spend (the shot tubes were also rather good).

Interested to see what the free pack is like this year. Im assuming that the offer will start this saturday in the Saturday Star/ Express since the free pack can already be seen in the counter.

Last year the deal started a week later than usual think it was 26 October. Before then it has usually been the weekend after they go on sale.

Si7

Noble the 3rd
MrRaMPageZz said:
c1gar said:

i like that pack but the tall long one i was disappointed by it
Same here, lit it and the tip just glowed for about 15 minutes, what a let down :(

Vladster

Esquire the 4th
I thought the 2 cakes and the mine were decent enough...the Color Vortex was a load of shite!

Cant really complain too much though.

Just to let you guys know that the sainsburys £30 free worth of fireworks is in the Daily star newspaper today :) you get 3 fountains , 1 multishop cake and a roman candle :) have to spend £15 to get these for free ... voucher is on page 29

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Looks like the free pack has nothing on last year but expected that. It doesnt look too bad though, especially as I was spending in Sainsburys anyway so it really was 'free' in a sense :)

The shot tubes look rather good, looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks for posting :)

Vladster

Esquire the 4th
The free pack looks pretty ordinary compared to last years effort which is a pity but i don't think we can complain too much tbh.....your still getting a decent amount of pyro with a couple of decent looking pieces for £15 depending on what you buy.

It would be nice if other supermarkets came out with similar offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.