Rusty Pyromesh

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Pyromesh is a topic that i know very little about (other than the fireworks inside it are likely to be very good) so it's best to check. Upon opening the box of our King Cobra rockets yesterday, i noticed the cage was rather rusty. Could this mean that the fireworks inside are damp in any way, i cannot check the rockets themselves as i don't want to open the cage. These are the biggest rockets we've ever purchased, so i thought i'd ask the question :)

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I wouldn't worry about it too much mate unless the outer box has signs of dampness on it, i'd imagine the cages are susceptible to rust over time....if they look ok and don't smell damp then i reckon they'll be fine.

Reactions: gaz

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
i didn't notice anything adverse on the outer box, though i can't say i checked. As for the smell, again i didn't specifically smell them, but there wasn't a difference i could pick up.
Cheers for that though vlad :) I'm pleased they should be ok, they're our finale for this years BFN display

Reactions: gaz

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
They do go rusty quick, very cheap cages as you can imagine, its a costly way of getting these shipped so they are made as cheap as possible, so probably no galvanising etc.

Nothing to worry about though!

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I suppose there is no point in spending lots of money on a cage that will just be thrown away...

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Funnily enough, that is exactly what we're currently planning to do, unless we buy any other, larger cakes.