Ripped Off!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Status
Not open for further replies.

JdmBoy2012

Noble
Sep 10, 2013
So today I spent £28 for two packs of "Mercury Rising" rockets, Search for them on YouTube, I'm just curious is anyones had experience with these rockets and perhaps they're better than they appear to be?...Unlikely I'm sure :(
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Oct 7, 2012
I think they are 1.4G JDM.. :( That means 20g NEC all in including the rocket motor composition..

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
Never had them, and you paid nearly full price for them. Do they have a manufacture date on the back. last couple of years bright star put date made and nec content on them. these may be a bit older so may be decent or perhaps not.
but you wouldn't be the first person to be ripped off ,if indeed you have been ,and you certainly wont be the last.

D

Darkcake12

you made a big mistake all of the bright star rockets apart from the pyromesh ones are so small even the most expensive ones a huge and utter rip off take them back and demmand your money back

JdmBoy2012

Noble
Sep 10, 2013
I'm going in an hour or so to try get a swap for something else as he won't give me my money back..

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Let us know how you get on JDM however can I stress how important it is to do your homework before buying anything. I would not consider this to being ripped off as per your title. You simply paid (voluntarily I might add) over the odds.

Hopefully if they are an honorable retailer that will allow an exchange.

I'd ask all members to be clear on the facts before suggesting any wrong doings from a retailer.

Thanks

M17CH

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 15, 2012
As above live and learn its anoying there are so many nicely presented bad fireworks out there atm, meaning its easy to think your getting a bargain..

Mitch :)

JdmBoy2012

Noble
Sep 10, 2013
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

The rockets in the middle are what I got as an exchange, The reason being 20 Okay rockets are better than 10 Mercury, Plus I've just bought those other two packs so now I have quite a few very big rockets including space hawks(The same as war hawks only I think louder) :p
[hr]
I agree I was a d*ck and wasn't really ripped off but I seen it that way, Don't need a speech to tell me I'm a knob I know I am for buying something unknown lol.

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Dont worry just learn from this and try to enjoy them. a good stockist would of ben honest as well

but for £15 you could get this if you can find them:

you take a chance though on any rockets.
a top tip is to write down what you are planning to buy and then go home and find a video on it. i found this method works well for me and as well you learn and rember fireworks which have been good in past years

Last edited by a moderator:

JdmBoy2012

Noble
Sep 10, 2013
Already got Space Hakws & Astro Blasts which are really the same as War Hawks mate :) Got my money back today btw guys .

Status
Not open for further replies.