Red Lantern Fireworks to return to the UK

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 5th
Feb 13, 2013
I've got some good news, Red Lantern Fireworks is to return to the UK. I don't know when, but they have said they will do at some point.

I remember their brief stint in the early 80's when Sohni (ESCO) Limited sold some of their products dual-branded i.e. Red Lantern / diamond ESCO logo, Weco / Red Lantern logo, and briefly in the late 80's / early 90's through Cosmic Fireworks Birmingham, and very briefly, as a standalone brand before the exited the UK and sold their UK depot at Tutbury Burton-upon-Trent Staffordshire to Cosmic Group at the West Pyro Site on the Failed Camp Industrial Estate.

I loved buying the Red Lantern Fireworks DISPLAY FIREWORKS selection boxes, they had some rather nice fireworks in them and the wicked Red Lantern Fireworks DISPLAY FIREWORKS single shot Titan Airbombs, they were wicked!

Last edited:

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 19, 2012
Harrow
Will be interesting to see who the importer will or if they will be distributing the item in the UK themselves. They were known for supplying good quality products.

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 5th
Feb 13, 2013
Will be interesting to see who the importer will or if they will be distributing the item in the UK themselves. They were known for supplying good quality products.
I think they are coming back as themselves.

They'll probably set up a new distribution depot, a UKCA outdoor firework test site, and explosives storage magazines over here of their own too.

Reactions: SilberWirbel

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 5th
Feb 13, 2013
Any new brand arrival is a brave move these days! Hope it works out for them and looking forward to seeing what they being in :)
They did have a go at UK retail fireworks originally early 90's as a standalone brand (I used to buy the Red Lantern Fireworks DISPLAY FIREWORKS selection boxes and Red Lantern Fireworks Titan DISPLAY FIREWORKS single shot air-bomb packs), but they swiftly vacated the UK and sold their base to Cosmic Group at West Pyro Site, Fauld Camp, Tutbury, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire.

As I said, they had partnerships to supply fireworks to Sohni (ESCO) Limited and Cosmic Fireworks in their early years (you'd see Red Lantern Fireworks turn up in ESCO selection boxes and Cosmic Fireworks early selection boxes as well as packed firework ranges and single individual firework item ranges from these importers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Somersetpyro