Real Or Artificial Christmas Tree

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
So, what does everyone prefer? A real tree or an artificial one?

We used to always have a real tree but for the last couple of years have had a large artificial one. This year though the plan is to go back to a real one as we miss the smell and just traditionalness of a real tree. Weve also got more space for a real tree this year so can hopefully pick up a largish one

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
we have a real one, just so much nicer, smells nice and doesn't look the perfect shape which i think is a good thing

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
You know i like the idea of coming down to a real tree smell But with kids i just might pass a few years yet. We have an old fibreoptic tree that plays music. its good for its first hour but then you get annoyed with music, But the sequence is good without the music.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
good idea not to have real for a few years,
if we had a tree that played music it wouldn't be long before i took a sledgehammer to it :D

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I think thats why main people get them they are ok if you don't mind the mess and the smell, well that alone just brings christmas home.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
You know i like the idea of coming down to a real tree smell But with kids i just might pass a few years yet. We have an old fibreoptic tree that plays music. its good for its first hour but then you get annoyed with music, But the sequence is good without the music.
That sounds good, good that you can turn the music off though as it would get annoying ha.

I bought a little real tree from sainsburys last year just a potted one that we put outside by the front door with lights on and its still going strong now, recently put it into a larger pot so hopefully it will grow bigger :)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I asked to wife if we could plant one in front garden, but then we have the problem of our neighbour wouldn't be able to see properly when they pull out of drive. Plus i would be only one with a huge christmas tree in garden. TBH it would look good though.

Reactions: Dan12

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
That sounds good, good that you can turn the music off though as it would get annoying ha.

I bought a little real tree from sainsburys last year just a potted one that we put outside by the front door with lights on and its still going strong now, recently put it into a larger pot so hopefully it will grow bigger :)
We got given a real tree, was in a bad way but we planted it in the ground and now its like 5ft tall

Reactions: Dan12 and gaz

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
i prefer real but had artificial last few years mainly because of my little girl wanting to touch the tree etc