Pyro Smoke More Addictive Than Cigarette Smoke???

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
is Pyro smoke more addictive than Nicotine?
just to put you in the picture, I don't smoke and don't like the smell of cigarettes much but I have been known to spend 15 - 20 minutes watching a display from the pavement when I was meant to be getting home with the chips for tea all because I got a whiff of firework smoke. half an hour later I eventually get home with a cold, squished dinner from the chippy smelling of gunpowder but feeling perfectly happy.
am I the only one who does this or is pyro smoke addictive.:confused:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
i don't hang about outside a display, but i do love the smell of pyro smoke, and also the spent fireworks :rolleyes:

Oct 13, 2012
Most fireworks have a nice earthy smoke smell, however I have had a strong smell of rotting eggs from TNT fountains in the past.

Reactions: Somersetpyro
Oct 13, 2012
swansea
few years back I had a nightstar solar something box from morrisons ,and that stunk out the back yard for weeks ,and put me off nightstar selection boxes for life.

sparklers I find smell great ,better than pyro smoke imo, and they are cheap ,so you can get a fix pretty often if need be :)
Also older selection boxes have a great whiff about them.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
solar frenzy did smell awful, we had one given to us a few years back, it smelled worse than the usual smell of cow Fudge Berries! we get off the muck spreading

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
I know what you mean about the rotten eggs, ive had a few fireworks with that smell. Found the royal party bits usually stink once your picking them up the next day.

I too love the smell of pyro tho!

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
Most fireworks have a nice earthy smoke smell, however I have had a strong smell of rotting eggs from TNT fountains in the past.
sounds like they may have got damp. I had a pack of sharpshooter Roman candles that misfired and smelt like cabbage farts.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
oh my oh my. And i thought that was just me, if i see, or hear or smell fireworks im out side trying to spot them. If my neighbours have bonfires im out there sniffing the air lol i am not kidding if you saw me you would thought i was a weirdo.

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
oh my oh my. And i thought that was just me, if i see, or hear or smell fireworks im out side trying to spot them. If my neighbours have bonfires im out there sniffing the air lol i am not kidding if you saw me you would thought i was a weirdo.
glad I'm not the only one.:D

Reactions: gaz

SteveLX

Peasant the 1st
Oct 17, 2014
I live on the top floor with a great view from the depths of Kent toward London, it drives my wife mad that I can stand for hours at the open window watching displays going off all over the place while she's complaining its cold but it's not the same if I can't smell the smoke.
NYE is particularly good 'cos they all go off at much the same time, year before last I counted around 30 displays going off all around us.
I think I'm home this weekend and I'm pretty certain I'll be able to see Rich's display from the lounge as he lives pretty close but having seen his stash I think most of the south east would be able to see it!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
tell you what does stink, brothers portfires! they reek, dog Fudge Berries! smells better :omgdead