Pumpkins

Whatever day we're carving them with the kids, I cut the tops and get them cleaned out first. Find it far less messy and stressful that way with 3-6 kids each time (depending if we got my sister's kids too).

I've now got this kit as it's much sturdier and bigger than the little kits in the shop. There's loads similar on amazon if sold out atm:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07GRJ7XTM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

But I have got a collection of the small thin knives from the cheap ones over the years as they are sharp and good for details.

Best advice is keep it simple first few times, the classic triangle eyes jobby always looks more spooky anyway I think :) you can use an all or similar to transfer designs off paper. My kids usually use a washable felt pen or even biro to draw on them I clean of any marks after carving. Especially the smallest who doesn't really do the cutting yet, but chooses his design and gets me to cut it.

If you don't want candles near kids etc there's plenty of cheap led candles and multi coloured led pumpkin lights about.

20171031_172255.jpg

Good luck, have fun :)

Luke_Taylor

Peasant the 2nd
Whatever day we're carving them with the kids, I cut the tops and get them cleaned out first. Find it far less messy and stressful that way with 3-6 kids each time (depending if we got my sister's kids too).

I've now got this kit as it's much sturdier and bigger than the little kits in the shop. There's loads similar on amazon if sold out atm:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07GRJ7XTM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

But I have got a collection of the small thin knives from the cheap ones over the years as they are sharp and good for details.

Best advice is keep it simple first few times, the classic triangle eyes jobby always looks more spooky anyway I think :) you can use an all or similar to transfer designs off paper. My kids usually use a washable felt pen or even biro to draw on them I clean of any marks after carving. Especially the smallest who doesn't really do the cutting yet, but chooses his design and gets me to cut it.

If you don't want candles near kids etc there's plenty of cheap led candles and multi coloured led pumpkin lights about.

View attachment 6226

Good luck, have fun :)
We have 3 of the £5 carving kits from Asda from last year. They were on clearance after Halloween for £1 each. Going to carve the pumpkins this Sunday. :):)